Canon funding proposal (First Draft)

Hi Pab. Great work on this super detailed proposal expansion. Question: Will the Genesis set be only 1 copy of each NFT for a total of 10 NFTs or will there be multiple copies. Like 10 or 20 or whatever number?

1 Like

Now that you mention it, Iā€™m not completely sureā€¦ but thanks for pointing that out. Iā€™d think some of the NFTs would lend themselves to there being several copies of them, as well as viceversa some would lend themselves to only being 1/1s. Maybe once we have the actual written content / more detailed stories behind each event as well as the actual content that is going to get minted we can take decisions on a more informed basis of what would be better for each of the 10 different points of the timeline we intend to cover w the collection

1 Like

At what point will designers start getting involved in Canon Genesis? Iā€™m sure many, including myself, are eager to contribute something!

I read your detailed description, and believe me I congratulate you, you do a great job! :honeybee: @pab

1 Like

Since this is a DAO anyone can get involved and contribute at any time in any way they can and see fit. You donā€™t need to wait for instructions from anyone to contribute with work that you think will benefit the organization. If the rest of the community sees the value in the work youā€™re providing you will most definitely be compensated. Although you probably want to wait until a proposal has passed and thereā€™s funding to pay for whatever work you may do. (but Iā€™d argue thatā€™s what SourceCred is for in a senseā€¦) There are still some details we need to flesh out before making a more formal proposal and putting that up for voting on the honeypot siteā€¦ I made the mistake to frame this is as the proposal when I shouldā€™ve included something along the lines of signaling/draft/etc to the title of this post.

Iā€™m kind of loaded up with work and canā€™t really think up ways in which you can get involved right now but by all means Iā€™d encourage you to do whatever work you think will be valuable to the project and upload it to the #canon channel in the discord server. :slight_smile:

@pab i understand you are loaded with work, you must take breaks and have a good coffee!

I send you the best energies so that everything you do is positive

I will work on an idea that I can think of and that way I can upload it and see if it can be useful, thank you for your timely response :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hello everyone :smiley: - recently @eenti @metaverde had a small meeting to kinda bounce and discuss everything weā€™ve written here in order to elaborate a better defined proposal. We agreed we wanted to move a lot of the work into a bounty system in order to have the community get more easily involved in the project and maybe find new talent out there willing to put their time into it.

This comment is so I can bounce w the community the small framework Iā€™ve been developing for the art related bounties; more specifically those regarding the development of the Genesis Collection. In the future, this framework will probably not directly apply to the other collections which may blossom from continuous efforts from the swarm, but I hope it can serve as a small blueprint to be considered for these too. Which is why iā€™m very hesitant on taking any final decisions before listening to what other members of the community have to say about it :sweat_smile:

Canon: Genesis Collection | Art Bounty Guidelines

For the Genesis Collection to maintain its quality standard and a cohesive art direction on all the pieces it is comprised of, Iā€™ve been given the task to delineate the steps to take in order to successfully take up and redeem a bounty that would involve the execution of an illustration or animation to be used for one of the 10 NFTs in the collection.

Listing of the bounties:

INITIAL BOUNTY DELINEATION
Should include the following info:

• SUBJECT MATTER Brief Synopsis / Link to the finished written article the piece would be based upon.
  • DEADLINE Exact date or time frame for which the deliverable would be needed.
  • BUDGET Will commonly be listed as a range (EG: $500 - $2000 USD in HNY)
  • USAGE NFT & Social Media Content for most cases (royalties for artists involved will eventually worked out, as the discussion around issuance, distribution, etc develops.)

REQUIREMENTS FOR TAKING UP BOUNTIES
Bounties are open in the sense that anyone can apply to taking any if posted on the board. However, for bounties to be considered on the pipeline, or taken, applicants must undergo a process for the team to make sure the person is / will be able to perform up to art direction quality standards.

• Submitting a portfolio of no more than 2-5 pieces that demonstrate cohesiveness between skillset and the established art direction. See moodboard below.
    1 on 1 Portfolio Reviews can be scheduled within the Canon Discord Server, make sure to tag @pab
    including a link to your work and info on your availability / time zone for quicker organization.

• Thereā€™s the possibility that some (if not most) of the bounties may require the submission of a quick sketch / thumbnail in order to gauge at the skillset of the person trying to take the job - before being considered >in the pipeline

• If more than one person applies for the same bounty, whoever is deemed the most fit by the Canon Swarm (specifically other artists & writers) will take the gig

REDEEMING BOUNTIES

Once youā€™ve successfully taken up a bounty, the ā€œartistā€ role will be assigned to you within the Canon discord server, giving you access to the Genesis Collection Category in which youā€™ll be able to discuss or post your work for feedback, etc.

In this category, artists will be able to post a screenshot of their work halfway through the process (final thumbnail before rendered execution in the case of static pieces, rough storyboard / animatic the case of animated pieces) in order to get payed a first part of the bounty (50%) before continuing with the rest of the piece. This will give space for any changes or edits that ought to be made when bouncing the concept w the rest of the team including other artists, writers, editors, etc. This process will add to cohesiveness of the collection, as well as provide a part of the payment before-hand so that the people involved are not seen working on a budget-less basis, ensuring safe working conditions and making sure no one goes through the hassle of finishing a piece and not getting paid for it because of any misunderstanding regarding the end result of the piece, be it for quality, narrative, or other kinds of issues.

Suggested Creative Process
We are aware different artists may have different workflows that better adjust to their abilities, which is why this framework is just a suggestion, taking into account revisions may need to occur somewhere in the beginning and middle of the project, sticking to this structure will prevent bounty hunters from doing work that does not make the cut, leaving the at a loss equivalent to the time and efforts put into their submissions.

Image making process - Static pieces

Phase 1: Rough Sketches / Idea Generation
Phase 2: Rough thumbnails (for composition purposes)
Phase 3: Review / selection of a thumbnail to be further developed to be considered final.

50% payment occurs in this part of the process, once the team agrees its cool to go to phase 4

Phase 4: Execution of the final image based on final thumbnail.

Animation Process:

Phase 1: Idea Generation (Through roughly sketched keyframes)
Phase 2: Review and selection of storyboard to further develop.

50% payment occurs here, once we have a good storyboard / animatic to be developed

Phase 3: Execution of clean keyframes for revisions
Phase 4: Execution of animatic
Phase 5: Execution of fully rendered animation.

Submission Process (Art for the Canon Genesis Collection)

Once finished, pieces would be submitted in the Genesis Collection Category #final-submissions text channel (This would be a hidden text channel specifically visible only to confirmed contributors) within the Canon Discord Server.

////////////////////

Please let me know what you guys think, if you have any ideas or suggestions that could make this process better I WILL B READING :eye: :lips: :eye: :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

For context, this framework would require the written content to be produced in an up front kind of way, before putting any work into image making, so maybe we want to direct a lot more of the funding on the initial stages of the project on historical research / written content related work (?)

2 Likes

I will also contribute to the art direction and design:D

1 Like

You guys can count on me for the written content and stuff like this! Anytime:D

Hey team, sorry for being a bit late to the partyā€¦ but i have a bunch of stories to be told before the first hny mintedā€¦ i have pieces of keybase talksā€¦ where all started. Also noticed that the events of discovery of conviction and discovery of dandelion timelines were flippedā€¦ maybe in our master mind @lkngtn where in that sequence but in the facts where totally flipped :stuck_out_tongue: there are a bunch of more piece of art that can be created before the first hny minted that you might take in consideration if fits in what you guys are doing. Really want to create a call with all the members involved in the really beginning of the hive before the first hny was minted cc @willjgriff @lkngtn @gabi @fabriv @onbjerg

6 Likes

That would be awesome!! Would you guys agree to have this meeting recorded for future reference material?

3 Likes

yeah from my side sure!

1 Like

@pab I am looking forward to working on something for CANON :honeybee:

1 Like