CRITICAL REVISION - 1hive - Shapeshift Partnership (HNY-FOX LP)

1.) Please, no need to like this post.
2.) I am posting this as a proposal so it gets maximum visibility
3.) here is link for reference - 1hive - Shapeshift Partnership (HNY-FOX LP) Vote 1 of 2?

As both parties were working out the details of adding LP we initially agreed to a 950FOX for 1 HNY LP. Since the proposals FOX token price continued to go up and at the same time HNY has taken a REALLY big hit. FOX/HNY pair is no longer even remotely close. The pair is now trading at 505 FOX for 1 HNY.

When the proposal was written a range between 900-1000 fox/hny was okay but 500/1 seems really far away to simply stake and let arb bots walk away with $100k+ in liquidity across the bridge back to eth mainnet.

PROPOSAL

We are asking to make a last minute change due to this significant change we have been presented. The proposal was to take 700HNY and 665,000 fox and add this to LP. Due to the massive divergence we will pair the 700HNY with as much of the fox available (~357,000). The left over fox (~308,000 or apprx $151,000) in the multisig we are asking to use it to help promote the partnership rather than let it drift over to an arb.

1.) half the LP will go to fox and the other half to 1hive dao as originally proposed
2.) The remaining 308,000 fox will be under the multisig control and used over tbd time period to promote our partnership
3.) Since we own a majority of the LP we would pretty much stay at home (honeyswap on xdai) and at the same time we incentive some bridging into xDAI rather than out through deploying a farm contract rewarding the FOX-HNY pair with the FOX token.

It is too early to know exact parameters but the 6 members on the multisig discussed this and it seemed to be a more practical and responsible approach. We do want to move forward on the LP and would like communities blessing on this before doing so

a yes vote is just to pair 500:1 and use left over fox to incentives the partnership.

a no vote would be pair 950:1 as original proposal, allow the arb and essentially imo lose of funds to eth mainnet.

Continue with LP at current token price. Use excess FOX token for HNY-FOX farm and any other incentives that promote the partnership
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

I’m not clear what the choice is Monstro.

Don’t do an lp at all or do the lp as suggested in your post?

Or is it do the original lp to get arbitraged into oblivion or do the lp as suggested?

1 Like

originally we were going to allow some arbitrage no mater price just pair it 950:1 but its gone crazy far apart to 500:1 so its not practical.

so a yes vote is just to pair 500:1 and use left over fox to incentives the partnership.

a no vote would be pair 950:1 as original proposal, allow the arb and essentially imo lose of funds to eth mainnet.

1 Like

Firstly we were coursing to green-light some arbitrage no leaving figure exactly pair it 950 to a ratio of 1 but its forged insane far asunder to 500 to a ratio of 1 so its not serviceable.

so a yes ballot is exactly to brace 500 to a ratio of 1 1 and employ the left over fox to help up the system

1 Like

Voted yes. I’m not after personal arbitrage I would like to see whats best for the community and partnership as a whole.

1 Like

Hey monstro … I had made this point in the initial post https://forum.1hive.org/t/an-opportunity-to-partner-two-communities-and-strengthen-the-1hive-treasury/4487/4?u=project_uwb with regards to fixing an exchange rate. I voted ‘yes’ for now because that was the best of the two choices in my opinion. But I am still concerned that allowing a LP pair of fairly large value (is it 350k or more??) to be added with a publicly announced date would still create arb opportunities which is just free money being given away. I still question why we need to ‘FIX’ an exchange price … instead have a dollar denominated amount of liquidity that will be added and actually do this in tiers of may be 5k or 10k each day over a few days or may 10 k every few hours. Just so that we don’t hand over that arb opportunity … anyways i am sure that you guys must have thought about this. I just wanted to raise this here again.

1 Like