Designers of the hive! Let's discuss 1hive NFTs 🎨

1hive is 100% community driven and has a very strong bee-based brand, that combination could do surprisingly well in the NFT-space, especially with 1hive’s bright future.

We would host the NFTs on ETH for now and could potentially transfer ownership on to xDAI at a later stage.

What are your thoughts on official 1hive-themed NFTs?

11 Likes

Curation of artwork would be done by the community, I’m thinking voting or full-on competitions.

While the community could decide on the number of copies of each NFT as well, it is probably best to leave that to the artists.

A matter I think should be discussed thoroughly is the initial price for the NFTs.

Do we use standard initial prices for uniformity, or do we let the artists value their own art and the market responds. I lean towards the latter myself, but uniformity has its advantages.

5 Likes

There is actually an idea like this that is being worked on by @luigy . Although, it is a WIP and he may not want to discuss it much atm, I dunno I’ll let him say.

1 Like

This would be cool, I also would love to see this idea happen which might have some synergy here:

3 Likes

Is there any specific reason that the NFTs would not just be xDai native like the rest of the 1hive ecosystem?

2 Likes

Not really… deploying isolated NFTs is something we can do pretty easily.
I am working with friends on something more code heavy that would allow anyone to do that process without any coding background.

The only advantage of deploying in mainnet would be all the stuff already built for NFTs, like marketplaces, explorers, etc.

For xDAI we would have to get a simplified version of those tools at a first stage. That’s the only rationale that makes some sense, regarding deploying in mainnet

1 Like

Well, it would be good to have those marketplaces built on xDai at the same time. Call it HiveSwap or whatever.
If we add all lego pieces at the same time, people will come and play.

1 Like

Pretty much as mentioned above. At this point, we’d be isolated from it all.

I wonder if there’s a way to host on both at the same time, since addressess are the same on ETH/xDai

Isn’t nifty.ink on xdai and can mint to mainnet also? Or is that something different than we’re discussing here?

I’m not familiar with nifty, but that’s def on topic. @theJeweler

Is there an opportunity for 1hive in the music NFT space? <-- separately from visual NFTs

Sure, you could handle royalties and ownership of music with NFTs, but I feel like there’s a different and innovate approach that will seem so obvious once someone puts it out into the world lol

While visual art culture - where rarity is the norm - has come to the blockchain, music never really fit the NFT concept in the same way. There’s rare items such as limited edition or vintage LPs, cd’s etc, but if you think about it, the value is mainly coming from the rarity/history of the physical artwork, you can stream the actual music anywhere.

Art decorates space. And whether that’s online or in the real world, space can be owned. Music decorates time, a completely different concept. How does it translate to NFT?

(maybe I should make a separate thread for this)

Yes, I am fairly confident that Nifty.ink is on xDai.

I’m unsure (unless Nifty does this as suggested) if it is even possible to bridge NFTs from mainnet to xDai and the other way around, which would kind of suck if you started with deploying them on mainnet.

NFTs are a big deal now and probably most of the new projects will have NFTs as part of their roadmap.
I think is a good idea to put NFTs on the roadmap for honeyswap/1hive considering the project is in early stages.