Honeycomb: how to stake and farm tutorial, benefits and risks

Thanks, perfect explanation. From that I can tell the part I was missing / misunderstanding was where to the funds come from for the farm, if they are not from the fees.

When you stake your LP tokes to the farm, do you stop getting fees from the liquidity pool? Or you then get the fees AND the farming rewards on top of that

1 Like

very nice! thanks for putting up a guide before launch to get everyone on the same page!

1 Like

Great article! I love the level of details. Thank you for putting all this together.

I was a bit confused about farming, thanks for clarifying few things!

Hi @cryptoclip

As far as I know, you will earn both. Even though technically your LP-tokens are not available anymore as they are staked in the farm, you did not remove liquidity.

Every LP token increases in value due to the addition of fees, so once you are done staking, you still have the same amount of LP-tokens and these should have gone up in value while farming as well.

1 Like

Thank you for the information provided.
in order to withdraw liquidity provided, do u need to unstake the LP tokens first?

As long as you donā€™t remove your liquidity, you keep earning fees. Only difference while farming is you canā€™t remove liquidity without unstaking your LP tokens from the farm.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome!

Yes indeed; please see the steps above as well.

Regarding Impermanent Loss - could the Dao reward HNY liquidity providers with bonus HNY upon removal of liquidity if there is a large change in price of HNY but stable price on the pair token? That would be an incentive for staking of HNY pairs (obviously farming could be too).

Tbh I think thatā€™s the risk associated with the reward of getting the fees, personally I dont see why the DAO should pay you for the consequences of your own decisions. If the price goes down you are only 50% exposed to the loss instead of just holding the token. If price goes up you only get 50% of the gain, either way you get the fees so fairā€™s fair

1 Like

Great post, clear and concise information. Keep up the good work my man.

1 Like

Yeah, fair enough. I think I am just used to uniswap where providing liquidity has an up front cost of about $50 depending on gas fees, so it is more likely someone will put the majority of their holdings into a pool, rather than a small part of their holdings.

Yes, and the great thing about Honeyswap is that it costs virtually nothing to switch between pools - as long as there is enough liquidity as you might need to swap some tokens.

So it is much easier to, say, get out of a HNY pool because you think one of the 2 pooled tokens will rise/fall a lot, and temporary swap and park all your funds in a stablecoin farm (those will be be added).

Pooling already minimises your risk, the rest is up to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this is a very good clear instruction and explanation. only took a minute to be in the pool. I love the work put into this, thanks and great job to the team :smiley:

Thank you for the info, I would share it on TG groups. love the work, well done team!

So does this mean if I were to deposit 1 LP xDAI-HNY token in a farm, after one year with a 300% constant APY, Iā€™d get 3 HNY? or 3 LP XDAI-HNY LP tokens? Not including the 1 LP token staked.

1 Like

Correct! Though I have never seen a farm that could keep up an APY that high for that long :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s theory of course. But how are the farmed tokens generated? I understand that in liquidity pools you get a % of the trade fees based on much liquidity you supplied to the pool, but here?
Also as your LP tokens are no longer in your wallet, how do you track your liquidity/fees from the liquidity pool (through https://honeyswap.org/#/pool) ?

The tokens were already minted and in the common pool (reserve), after the vote passed they were transferred to the farm contract.

Currently there unfortunately is no way to check the value (accrual) of your LP tokens when they are staked, only when you unstake them again.

2 Likes