Honeycomb liquidity incentives for two xBRICK pools

I did some calculations a while ago, I believe it was about 31 million tokens total. Circulating supply was much lower at the time. @boring877

1 Like

CMC recently listed r/CryptoCurrency’s Moons (the testnet version). I believe once HNY and HoneySwap are listed, it wont take long for xMOON and xBRICK to pop up everywhere

1 Like

i heard it more then 1b token ~but maybe only 31m tokens has been out ~

i did buy some brick when it came on honey swap ~ but could not hold it for so long due the leak of info about ~

also how do you get them in reddit ? do you make post and get more likes then they send it to you each month ?~

Reddit is using the testnet versions, which actually has a way higher supply. xDai’s is with a 1 million x lower supply iirc.

You can learn about the process on Reddit’s end here:

2 Likes

https://xenc.dev/brick

@boring877

1 Like

nice (@^◡^) ~ i will look into buying into them when the market reset ~ i think they are a bit expensive right now ~ making hyn/ brick farming will support the price ~

Given the number of Bricks tokens already in use, won’t be long until they will be trade on HoneySwap.
A xBRICK-HNY pool is only a matter of time. :brick:

I don’t think incentivizing liquidity for Moons and Bricks this early is beneficial for both the token holders and Honeyswap.

Both Moons and Bricks are on testnet. The bakeoff results should be announced sometime soon (probably a month from now) and everyone will have to take their tokens off Honeyswap and move them to testnet for the snapshot because they will eventually need to switch to mainnet.

My take on this is to hold back on incentivizing Moon and Brick holders to provide liquidity until Reddit makes the announcement. It is important to remember that both tokens are in the testing phase meaning that Reddit can reset the test balances at will. There is nothing indicating that they will do so but as long as there is a possibility there is uncertainty.

2 Likes

Could xDai send out the mainnet Bricks they hold to the owners of the bridged tokens? It is all fairly manageable I would think @Proofmaster

Not really. If they stay on the xDai chain when the snapshot occurs I’m pretty sure they will be lost unless xDai wins the bakeoff and community rewards move completely to xDai.

Is that because the tokens are in a contract instead of a wallet?

Hey Guys,

I posted something similar on the xmoon/dai farm, but its a very similar situation here. I do like the idea of this farm, but the request amount seems a little high. Lets break down the other farms and compare:

• HNY/XDAI = $2,414,355 liquidity / 300HNY = 1HNY per $8,047.85 invested
  • HNY/STAKE = $1,866,266 liquidity / 200HNY = 1HNY per $9,331.33 invested
  • HNY/WETH = $845,692 liquidity / 100HNY = 1HNY per $8,456.92 invested

Your proposed farms:

• xbrick/xdai = $31,651 liquidity / 150HNY = 1HNY per $211
  • xbrick/hny = $13,469 liquidity / 100HNY = 1HNY per $134

Now of course the liquidity in the pool will go higher if this farm was to get funded, but there is no way to get these tokens outside of users bringing them in from reddit which only helps the holders of the LP token before the announcement. Another thing to mention is these are still TESTNET tokens, which means we may not want to incentivize something that isnt even officially released. I would bring this in line with the other pools of 1HNY per say ~$8800 which would mean funding the ‘Mike Daison’ pool with ~4HNY, and the ‘Glazed Brick’ pool at ~1.5HNY. I think at these levels more people would be inclined to support this proposal.

1 Like

The numbers you’re using are for active farms vs just pools for Bricks, that is not a fair comparison. The numbers I posted I grabbed before farming started, might be better to use that / or try to imagine that xBRICK liquidity would be way higher if the pools generate HNY.

Regarding the actual monthly HNY request, I was thinking along those lines, until @onbjerg pointed out some things and set me on the path of righteousness. You can read about that here: Creating a funded farm on Honeycomb

I believe it is but a matter of time before xBRICKs blow up and to have it happen on Honeyswap would be amazing. Kraken or another project may beet us to the punch if we don’t push it a bit to gain momentum.

1 Like

I get your point on them being testnet tokens, however if you don’t want to incentivise anything unreleased, Bricks shouldn’t be on Honeyswap at all lol. I say let the people spend their funds how they see fit

1 Like

Yes I can see your point on it being on the low side for rewards. It would be nice to start with something reasonable, if only to get the pool going quickly with at least some incentive. So maybe 10 or 15 honey to kick things off?

1 Like

Tbh, I believe 10-15 HNY is way too low considering all factors, it has to remain an incentive after all.

But I have given it some thought and am open to halving the rewards, if the community stands behind that. With the monthly proposals, we can make adjustments in either direction as we iterate.

1 Like

@Blazar Perhaps it is good to have two proposals for this, and to let the community decide with their HNY. You could copy mine and make adjustments as you see fit.

I don’t agree with your position, but 1hive is bigger than me or any other member, so I encourage you to do so if you like :muscle:

If not, we can keep a discussion going in here.

1 Like

Made a 50% downward adjustment after learning some things today. Thanks @befitsandpiper :wink:

2 Likes

xBRICK now listed on CoinGecko :brick:

1 Like