Implement lottery for honeyswap users

Agreed. I do like the idea as such, but am 100% it will be gamed. Especially as xDai fees are almost non-existent, there is no barrier for anyone to set up hundreds of accounts and move 1HNY between them after executing just 1 trade.
Though I realize that currently they might lose out because of slippage.

Anyway, we have the Bright ID sybil protection in place. If we have this as a requirement, then it is much more difficult to game. So we already have all #pollen earners that are verified and registered, we could use those as a base to pick from.

It might not bring as much new users as envisioned, but the ones that do come in will be higher quality and winners will be more deserving.

Separate from this I think the faucet needs some topping up. Current $3 every 2 days is still more than most on the planet earn, but not enough to get the word out in Cryptopia and beyond.

2 Likes

As of now the free HNY from faucet did a great job for attracting new user (almost 2000+ new user) so I think we should only focus on faucet as of now by topping it up. Agree with @Harry $3 dollar is not much for all those in 1st world county but in the country like mine $3 dollars every 2days is enough to put food on a table for a small family. By topping the faucet we will make it more juicy for those folks on these first rate country.

4 Likes

I think you are somewhat correct, except my trifle with that is that that would mean someone would be given 100HNY with no real accountability, whereas we can audit a smart contract and make sure it does what we intend it to do.

I also think it is still more interesting if the prizes were larger, but more infrequent, e.g.

• Lottery runs for 8 weeks
  • Winners are decided every Friday, the amounts could be something like 3 HNY for 1st place, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd
  • This would not only make people swap throughout the week and make the prizes have more punch, it would also reduce the proposal ask (48 HNY as opposed to 100 HNY) and I think we would still get the desired effect

As for a quick technical overview I imagine this could be done using RandomAura which is already deployed on xDai, although getting the swaps on-chain is harder, if at all possible. If we were to do it based on swaps, I would do it based on swap volume quadratically such that whales do not have a big advantage. Since it’s volume based that would also make it lean towards being sybil resistant (without it not truly being sybil resistant).

3 Likes

To prevent fraud like creating multiple transaction due to low fees, we can think of using BrightID app which is already used by many 1Hive apps for account verification :slight_smile:

Idea is great about lottery but what one of the users said maybe its better now to focus on faucet topping up and maybe upgrading same.Lottery maybe will be better in some future but for now I think there is a lot of othere things which is more important then some lottery my opinion.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Why don’t we combine this lottery idea with the faucet, where users can chose to either:

• Claim their free honey (as we do now)

Or

• Participate in the lottery (and thus buying their lotterytickets by not claiming their honey)

This way there is no problem of people using multiple accounts to try and win (since the faucet already uses brightid) and we still keep the incentive that a lottery brings for new people to join the community.

Perhaps the lotteryprizes could be paid out to the winners from the collective honey that people didn’t claim to keep it sustainable.

3 Likes

genius. Unclaimed hny becomes your lottery ticket

2 Likes

The problem is that this is ideal if we assume that you decided to not claim honey because you want to get a lottery ticket. But this also benefits people that may have registered in the faucet, and are no longer involved in the community.

I don’t think we want to reward people that stopped believing in the project, left, and automatically have chances of getting a considerable amount of honey by just being away.

1 Like

I didn’t mean it that way, it should be a decision you make every time. So instead of having one button in the faucet that says: “claim your free honey” there should be a second button next to that that says: “participate in the lottery”.

By using either option you should then be made eligible to participate in the next round. People who don’t respond because they have left should obviously not be eligible.

2 Likes

very good idea, and avoid spam because user are verified by brightid !

Good idea. It can attract many users! But only do it for BrightID users to avoid mass accounts.

Why all you guys wasting time with these proposal which will not help development and growth HNY. Go through some recent proposal which almost aim to how to get more money flow into their bag. So sad :slightly_smiling_face:

I totally agree with this idea because it helps to attract a lot of people

i think 100hny funding for lottery won’t help! maye we can fund winners with all participant’s entry fee with also decrease the numbers of winners

1 Like

I agree with this, this is a much better idea than just giving away free honey that will not create “sticking power” for the 1hive community.