Introduce Yourself to 1Hive Thread

Hello everyone!

My names Carson. I’m a DApp developer behind a digital art canvas PixelProperty, a independent blockchain researcher behind the Seed project, and a indie game developer behind Guilds of Gods

I learned about xDai when researching/testing out L2 solutions & side-chains for Ethereum as a potential project to migrate PixelProperty over to. Through that I have come to realize how powerful xDai is, and found the 1Hive community. I’m very impressed with this community and am learning so much!

I hope to see you all on the Discord server and the forum :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Howdy All,

Just a crypto enthusiast seeking to learn as much as I can about crypto. Found this project on my journey through xDai and seeking a uniswap clone on that network.

See ya around.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Jean Luis, I’m latinamerican and I’m a student of Sound Engineering, I’m a musician and I know about audiovisual editing around the sound field. I’m here for whatever it is that helps to contribute to the community. A pleasure

4 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is armagan. I have been dealing with daos for 5 years. I’ve only been reading 1hive for a while. I decided that now I want to introduce and contribute to myself. I have experience in digital copywriting and social media. It may be a good idea to create 1hive Turkish content. It’s great to be here, thank you everyone.

5 Likes

hi,my name is javad…i’m on discord with this username @javad too
i’m 24 and from iran :frowning: … i heard about 1hive from a good friend and get excited
but i’m still a bit confused cause i’m new to crypto
do my best to learn soon and get my friends know about the project

3 Likes

Hey 1Hive community, I am a crypto enthusiast that has been in the crypto space since 2017. I call myself project_uwb and geographically I am in the southern hemisphere.

My interest obliviously started with Bitcoins price action and then I went down the rabbit hole and spent a few months reading books like ‘The bitcoin Standard’ and watching a whole bunch of Andreas Antonopoulos. My first brush with Ethereum was when Andreas was comparing Bitcoin vs Ethereum in a video and was explaining how the Ethereum blockchain works and the possible uses of smart contracts. Once I got to know about smart contracts and the programmable money concept, I was hooked and I went on another journey trying to learn some basics of solidity. I read books, did some cool courses like crypto zombies so that I could actually realise and understand what the potential of Ethereum could be. Once I understood the basic concepts of Solidity, I realised what Ethereum could do and that it was going to eat up the archaic financial world alive. From there I have been trying to be get involved in the space and keep up to date on the latest in this space. It has been a real roller coaster last year with some brilliant opportunities to be involved in the DEFI summer, but as always (being a skeptic) I held back and also mostly due to the costs involved sat on the sidelines and saw the birth of projects like YFI, YAM, Pickle and Badger. There was no way I could afford the DEFI summer with the crazy gas prices combine with the ETH price action. So inevitably I started looking elsewhere when I stumbled onto 1Hive through a random chat with someone from the Pickle Finance community. This then lead to brightID and the faucet. My interest has now picked again with projects starting up to offer yield on stable coins and other interesting forks of the mainchain projects.

I hope that this community provides small timers an opportunity to experience DEFI, yield farming and the glorious mainchain DEFI summer without the associated costs and start-up capital. So here I am again wading through Discord and trying to find interesting things to be involved in. Hope the xDAI chain serves the masses before L2 comes to Ethereum and finds a niche of its own to keep everyone interested after L2 hits Ethereum eventually. Until then I shall lurk around and have a good time!

I did try to get myself involved with a swarm where I could provide any support which would help me develop my skills in either coding or testing or other technical aspects of 1Hive. But I guess being a newbie to the tech space and not being able to commit consistent time has not helped me get involved. If someone here in the community reads this and has stuff that I can do which will help me better understand this ecosystem… Please ping me on discord. My ID is: project_uwb#8628

2 Likes

Hello guys , I am from Spain, I am a crypto boy since one year ago. I am Happy staying here with this amazing xdai chain, really love It.
Cheers!!

2 Likes

Hi, greenfox here. Welcome the new kid on the block. I am from Nigeria

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Mariusz and I’m civil engineer from Poland. Glad to be here, and I don’t why it took me so long to came to this forum :slight_smile: I don’t even remember how I found my self in xDai chain exactly because when I started my crypto adventure in march fees were still quite OK on Etherium… but after I found my self in BrightID meeting and started falling deeper in the rabbit hole sipping honey straight from the faucet I just got addicted :smiley: from this community and ideas it brings to light.
I never imagined how much next level is xDai, but now it’s quite obvious - we need it in our lives.
This is the true spirit of crypto - from people to people.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Aeden from Canada. I’m here from messing with another token from Reddit, then I discovered this place. It’s great, and xDai is amazing with the very low TX fees.

2 Likes

Hi! Im josé, from Brazil. Just trying to learn more about some coins on Ethereum paradigm and somehow stumbled upon Honey / xDai :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone <3 , my name is Andy im 21 yrs. old, you can call me Andy.

I am here because @metaverde invited me on this community… she said that i can use my talent in here and she told me that my talent won’t be wasted in this community.

proudly from a small country of Philippines, you can ask me about filipino culture if you want ^^

My background is i am a freelancer artist… I work from several small indie game team around the world and is underpaid. I am aware that im underpaid but still do that so i wont starve… its better to have something than nothing right?. I am a highschool graduate and wont be moving to college because tuition is too expensive

THANK YOU for accepting me as one of the memebrs here…

4 Likes

Hi, I am SurFlowCrypto currently based in USA. I was looking to get into a new chain with cheaper fees than both ETH and BSC. This community is far more than I expected. I would consider myself a farily noobie in this scene but been around crypto since 2017.
I want to test out the xDai chain and to be honest I am trying to make more money to give my family more than my 9 to 5 does right now.
I see the opportunity in this frontier.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is anshp. I’m an engineer from Paris. I’m new to the group but I have already started interacting with some of you on Telegram and Discord. I am looking forward to discovering more about the DeFi world with you guys and bring my support and help to this project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

my name is Frank, I am from Hamburg Germany and besides being an artist (painting and writing) I used to contribute to the original Hive three decades ago. I speak English, German, Spanish and Dutch and would like to contribute to this community if I may.

Cheers from Hamburg, Germany

Frank

1 Like

Hi, my name is Sina, I am from Iran and I got acquainted with the 1hive community through my friends. My interests are digital business, which is considered to be the newest way of investing. I am glad to get acquainted with this community and I hope to become a member. To be useful

3 Likes

Hello new members, welcome to 1hive. I hope you have a good time here. If there are questions, you could ask me in this community. Though if i can’t answer it, maybe other members will answer it.

2 Likes

Hi there. Glad to meet you all! I am an Ethereum fan from China and have heard 1hive long time ago, becasue I follow many Ethereum KOLs at twitter and some of them have mentioned 1hive. This time I show interest because dappchase. Their bounty page showed a piece of news about the airdop of agvae for the 1hive community. So I think in order to get another airdrop in the future it’s time to join 1hive now.

2 Likes

Hi Im dadababa
On the Discord my name is dadababa. I m new here. I found I was late for meet forum,I intrested in the things and I hope to know more here .

1 Like

Hello all. I’m from the UK and heard about Honey from reddit. I’m trying to read and learn as much as I can about different DeFi projects.

2 Likes