🦋 Morphosis: Ethereum Developer Course

Wow! this is exciting. Been looking forward to something like this but not this high level.
I’m guessing it’s not meant for beginners but I’m attending anyway.

2 Likes

Def nice upcoming course for 1Hive members.Like everyone above said probably if someone can record this course and we can upload on 1Hive youtube channel like previouse course done via morphosis will be perfect for someone who dont have time in that moment to attend to this course 1Hive-Youtube

It’s going to be awesome! Thank you gabi for the initiative! :heart:

This looks so cool, looking forward to start the course :slight_smile: .

Thanks @gabi :pray:

3 Likes

Looks great Gabi, I’ll love to attend

Thank you everyone for your support. Would like to encourage everyone to join us, no need to feel afraid about your level of expertise. We will stick to the basics regarding solidity knowledge. The main goal of the course is to showcase to you the existing development tools we have available and how you can leverage them to accelerate your contributions. I would say that having a solid understanding of solidity is a parallel avenue, nevertheless super important to create great products.

So far the timebox that is winning the poll is Wednesday 19:00 - 20:30 UTC.

After reading several messages I would like to add a new week to the schedule so we can cover Ethereum Fundamentals:

Week 1 - Ethereum Fundamentals

In this lecture, we will do an overview of the core Etherum concepts important during development. We will use eth.build and remix to stick to the basics and understand the fundamentals.

• Ethereum high-level overview
  • eth.build overview
  • Addresses
  • Signatures
  • Transactions
  • Ethereum Virtual Machine
  • Remix overview
  • Abstract Binary Interface
  • Smart Contracts
6 Likes

Would like to know if those interested in attending would be open to trying a different approach suggested by @metaverde here: https://discord.com/channels/698287700834517064/751842063108145213/819505190910427156

Note if we go ahead with a working group approach I can record the lectures in advance. I’ll try to do them both in English and Spanish.

To weigh the participants feeling about the two formats. I create a poll on the OP.

1 Like

I think longer is fine, especially if we’re building things.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that makes sense I like the group work approach. It would be a little more for work for people to coordinate to find a working group to meet with, but that also allows people to find others that are available at a time that is most convenient for everyone. Then the scheduled live meet with @gabi, as @metaverde suggested, becomes a Q&A on the homework session.

3 Likes

Hey I’m interested in attending this course, because I think it would be neat to be able to fork / build out projects for xdai.

I’m mostly interested in DAOs for organization, and NFTs, since I’m an artist and a marketer – and then defi basics, because I think the value of NFTs and DAOs will most likely be in providing support for and integrating with defi projects.

Also, what sort of base level of learning do I need to be able to follow?

Or, what tools do I need to download onto my computer?

Ganeshe, I think?

I’m familiar with the ecosystem enough to navigate it, and I have been an artist involved with NFTs for the better part of 2 years now, I’m just trying to get a hold on what I would need to do to join up with this course, and really level up my skills to a place where I could ‘test in prod’ launch some small little ideas on L2.

3 Likes

I actually think what meta might have said is more reasonable. Then everyone can work on their own with their own time and hop in for questions.

1 Like

Mate… this is great work. thanks for adding the Week 1 fundamentals to the course… I think this will help any newbees and beginners to grasp a lot more from the course. I also like the idea of working in groups with recorded lectures which has a lot more flexibility.

3 Likes

We’re moving away from the Truffle ecosystem… I think you meant Ganache… and are planning to use Hardhat.

1 Like

What a fantastic course.

@gabi, thanks for your work in explaining. What kind of ground basis knowledge do students need to have in order to not be overwhelmed by the content of the classes? I would be curious to give it a try, but I am quite certain that my level of understanding is pretty low at the moment and would not like to drag others down.

1 Like

Hey Meta - Yea Ganache - I have only seen a couple of youtube videos about how to fork uinswap, and I couldn’t really keep up.

I need like a 101 course and I haven’t committed to doing the cryptozombies course yet. So, maybe this will help me get a better understanding of how to build some basic dapps, or make a successful fork of a project, etc.

Appreciate the response.

1 Like

Hi, would like to give a quick update. I plan to start the course next week. From the current poll, the majority want an async format with working groups. So I’ll be recording the first lecture async and sharing it at the start of next week with a few tasks to address with your working group.

Our first shared meeting will be the Wednesday 24th at 19:00 - 20:30 UTC.

Also would like to know what you think of having an informal meeting this week to create the working groups. I’ll try to do my best to record the videos both in Spanish and English to give the opportunity to more members to participate.

Let’s coordinate for the group formation meeting:

9 Likes

I am so excited this is starting so soon.
Thank you Gabi.

2 Likes

Mate… its great to know this is progressing so well.!! I will try to attend the first part of the shared meeting for sure as its a bit early in my timezone… but its exciting stuff!! Hope to learn cool stuff even if though i am pretty new to the dev world… just want to see what it is like being part of a decentralised team like this! cheers.

I’m also excited and waiting for this to start

I’d like to attend! can this be added to the 1hive google calendar? has the course signup happened yet?

2 Likes