Proposal to top up the faucet

Thanks for the proposal @Rayne. It’s really very good to attract more people and i support it 100%.

I just voted to $15 and $18.5 distribution per week. I thought these distributions are good. But the concept @wafey123 says is pretty good with starting claim of $2.5 for the new claimer. If possible add the point into the proposal.

As usual you are doing a great work for the community. Appreciate your help Mate.

2 Likes

I selected $15. It’s not much above current so it won’t break the bank but just enough to give a slight boost.

I am concerned if we raise it too much we will grow too quickly possibly brining it’s own problems. Do we need that right now? I think we need quality over quantity of members in the beginning.

We have three types of incentives:
Faucet - attracting more people
Pollen - work/contribution incentive
Farm - token use case incentive

Counterbalance:
When printer go brrr price drops.

It seems like the community is mainly between $15 and $25. Whenever you want @Rayne or as soon as this gains a little bit of more traction submit the proposal to the actual voting page.

I agree 100% for the propsoal to honestly say keeping in once in 2 days is apt as Rayne pointed to keep visting the 1hive and also be active in discord. I would suggest even making proposal participation as once in a month criteria to recieve I dont see all HONEY holders participating though. May be they need guidance honestly.

I feel video recordings coming from seeds or pinned posts are good to drive proposal participation.

hello guys,

i think faucet claim should be pegged to the dollar…xdai.
i’m not a smart contract expert ,not sure if this is doable.
but in order not to affect the price,when we peg to the dollar then we garantee a constant value being given to the verified people.
suppose the price goes up,hny amount being given goes down…so this would not affect the price and make it dump…since generally people handle free money with not so much care
for example we can go for 6$ in hny value

There is a related thread here about potential changes to the Faucet that I encourage people to check out: Discussion: Potential Faucet Improvement

3 Likes

I support it a 100%. The faucet got me really deeper in HNY. After a few claim periods, I started holding and buying even more. It was not that much but enough to completely bring my attention. Lots of my friends are talking about it rn.
I think it’s a completely success.

2 Likes

Interesting! Point well taking.

I think the faucet attracted the majority of the user base and even though it is paying under $5 since a week or two, it still manages to bring so many new users in. We should not allow the faucet to drain or get to a point where it pays under $1.
I find $3-$10 a very generous amount, a magnet for new users and I think we should somehow keep it in that range.

1 Like

So you propose to give out the same amount of HNY pegged to an amount in xDAI. For example always paying out 5$ in HNY regardless of the price? Without any dropoff? We would have to do restructuring of the faucet I suppose, as it would mean that we can’t take 5% of the faucet on every distribution as we do now.

1 Like

Great proposal @Rayne! A little top up would be nice as we are growing incredibly fast as a community. I remember it was like 18$ first time i registered to the faucet, which was really generous. I was hooked since then and i’m very glad that i decided to devote time to learn more about 1hive. I voted for 15$ and 18,75$ per week. :+1:

Same thing happening here that there is someone who maybe sending bots to vote for highest option like we had on proposal for pollen distribution.I really don’t know but maybe to top up a faucet just a little because now its roughly 3k signed people whos claiming from faucet every two days.Like I saw few days ago when was faucet claiming peiord was I think more then 40-50% of people sell it right away they just interesting to claim some honey/sell and kaboom out from here.They are not interested in the project at all.

1 Like

Hey, yeah I noticed that some of the votes are from fresh accounts who havent really contributed. Same issue like before with the pollen poll. And to your second point, I wish there was some number somewhere where we could see how many users immediately sell the rewards from the faucet. In the post @onbjerg linked above, about improvements to the faucet, we are talking about ways to have this sell of happening, occuring less for example.

If we had some overview of how much honey was swapped for some other coin in that moment that would be then different story and everything would be clear.

yes indeed,it needs total restructuring ,but this action would stabilize the price on the long run while keeping the same value for faucet collectors

1 Like

I think the best way deter from selling the faucet reward is to have meaningful proposals on the low end users of honey. I mean ppl who vote with their 0.01 HNY as opposed to ppl who seem to have votes worth 40. More 0.5 HNY votes which have positive impacts on the community.

3 Likes

Good initiative we are receiving less almost just 0.0016 today :frowning:

Nothing has changed for the moment, therefore as new people join the faucet you will get less and less.

Yes that’s true, I also think something should be changed

As I commented in one other topic about implementing lottery system.I think something which can be in positive way for all of us is that when person enter on faucet you can decided you can clam or enter in lottery with buying lottery tickets which could be in some way a little bit expensive like 5-10$ per ticket.Every time someone buy ticket that honey goes directly to pool for faucet and its creating some type of ecosystem there(automaticlly topping up faucet).

1 Like