REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK: Honeyswap Trading Rewards Pilot Program

the only use case for a given Jelly is to stake it for pCOMB. after the 12 week season concludes, it becomes worthless as the next seasonā€™s jelly token starts being minted / rewarded.

hypothetically, in our current plan, thereā€™s nothing stopping folks from selling their jelly, but I donā€™t think itā€™s something we want to encourage.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thank you - I have been on honeymoon in rarotonga for a week and forgot what the purpose of jelly was after all that timeā€¦ the end result is, stake jelly to get more pcomb. awesome :smiley:

I like the idea, but maybe Iā€™m mistaken, but wouldnā€™t it be trivially easy to game this via wash trading? E.g. I just trade 1k back and forth between two wallets I own? The Balancer program did not have this problem, because you still had to pay considerable gas fees on the ETH mainnet, even with the subsidy (it wasnā€™t 100%). I remember doing a trade on Balancer when the gas was outrageous and even with the subsidy it wasnā€™t cheap.

2 Likes

LPs still collect the 0.25% fee and protocol still collects 0.05% fee, and this is only available on whitelisted token pairs. If traders want to spend a bunch of money to LPs and the protocol in exchange for pCOMB, then the program has worked exactly as intended. We get a bunch of volume that pays the LPs and protocol, the user gets a reward token. Win-win.

2 Likes

Updated implementation based on swarm feedback

3 Likes

Nice, good change having jelly as a credit aka a ā€œscoreā€ rather than a token that can be sold, I think it will incentivize/gamify it more. Can we have counters on the honeycomb page showing total jelly in current season, and your earned jelly in current season?

Yes, good call - I had planned to ask for designs to show individual totals on the Honeycomb but youā€™re right that we should show global totals too

1 Like

My basic problem with this is the step that traders see how much JELLY they get for a trade. Unless you have a completely different model regarding how JELLY (i.e. COMB) rewards are distributed (as compared to mine above) I donā€™t see how the amount of JELLY someone gets can be compared to the amount of pCOMB they will get at the end of the ā€˜periodā€™.

Also is the implementation going to basically toss JELLY as a token as a reward on fees? Going to add additional gas here to do this that way.

It would help me to see what the actual implementation of this is going to look like.

2 Likes

Good Qs. Yes, JELLY as a separate token is no longer on the table - it added extra steps that didnā€™t give value to users and like you said, just added some extra math for users to weed through.

Philogy and I had a deep dive today to figure out MVP tickets w/ technical implementation. Iā€™ll drop a new version of the flow diagram here once I get a chance to update.

3 Likes

Presenting the latest and greatest in jelly distribution technology

1 Like