Temporarily Suspend the Faucet?

Update Due to this topic being very mixed having almost 50/50 split on keep vs suspend I propose we stay the original course since there was no clear ā€˜winnerā€™.

Given the split decision - remember that the original intent is and should continue to be:

This faucet allows you to claim Honey just for being a human and showing interest in 1Hive

I read through, chatted a bit in the discord and compiled a few of the problem statements and maybe we can agree to a very slight modification/improvement.

Most desired solutions in bold:

1. How do we ensure only 1 account per person. Some ideas for addressing multiple accounts

• Require another form of verification beyond BrightID ā€“ only active discord members or improve BrightID requirements.
    • Require ā€˜questā€™ to complete ā€“ These tasks donā€™t have to change every 48hrs. We can have monthly task such as make a swap on Honeyswap to collect honey for the month from the faucet, add some honey to a proposal to collect honey, join the tg, join the discord, etc. we could fork. Maybe even leverage the morphosis swarm for some of it.
    • Reduce claim period ā€“ Good idea although those with dozens of accounts have a higher incentive to respond quickly and will likely not forgot. Those who only have 1 account may have a harder time collecting and this might do the opposite affect helping mostly the batch collectors.
  2. Increasing engagement in 1hive via faucet would be nice.

• Redesign faucet page ā€“ design to increase 1hive engagement, add Ads for revenue,
    • Make drips random in size so you never know. You could get a 1% drop or a 20% drop, you never know.
    • Limit number of claims to increase drop amount ā€“ for example, only can claim 5x/mo
    • receive honey from faucet if you purchase and stake an amount of honey - I donā€™t like this though, it seems it doesnā€™t align with the faucet intent.
5 Likes

Everything good but adding ads on faucet page is not good. We need a clean page.

2 Likes

One more layer of verification or something like that is good idea because everyone know from community we have a bunch of people who is abbusing this faucet claming from more then 2 accounts and we need something additional.
About quest to complete 100% need to implement that on faucet/ Like retweet some tweet/like video on youtube or twitter whatever social media.
Redesigning faucet Im not so sure about that because from everyone talking no one will support next proposal for faucet and dont see the point of redesign faucet page right now.Maybe in some future rly dk :thinking:

1 Like

I think the Faucet page should be redesigned, and if it could be done now that would be awesome, but I think our developers are already slammed and itā€™s not a top priority, especially since it mat be cancelled and is definitely being rethought.

We discussed adding buttons for social and Discourse. If that can be done easily that would be great.

I am ! But i canā€™t download the britghID app where i leaveā€¦ so canā€™t try the faucetā€¦

maybe reach out to brightID Discord see if they can help. I wasnā€™t aware this was an issue.

I did. Apparently the app is not available in all countries. But not sure you can use a VPN to download apps on iOSā€¦ want to try xDAI but canā€™t claim the faucet unfortunately

You can use xdai without the faucet. You can bridge from Mainnet. https://www.xdaichain.com/for-users/omnibridge

3 Likes

Yes thanks. I knew :smile:ā€¦ but also wanted to try the ā€œfree wayā€ in order to write an article/tuto for my blog and the French community ^^

2 Likes

I feel like thereā€™s so much to be gained from participating on the social that the Faucet drip being kept for those who really need it is kind of weakā€¦ but I forget that in between discussions.
Multiple draws from it are irritating in principle, especially since the community works so hard to be inclusive and help people.
If my Discord participation Pollen payout was significant enough in US economic terms and within the first couple of weeks to get me back and even more involved, and it was, then the people benefiting from the tiny Faucet drips should be here participating.
I guess English is a barrier, but we have channels in other languages and we can work out methods of inclusion.
I donā€™t have the answer, but it gets discussed enough we should figure something out so we can focus on other things.

I think that it is time to think about another form of distribution since this is not attracting users, it is not bad to change.

1 Like

this seems fantastic to me

I think to date a lot of people keep coming through the faucet. and at the time many entered for the price. Will there be a proposal to get more honey from the faucet?

Right now there is no discussion about topping up faucet because a lot of members are abbusing this faucet creating more then one account and claming more hny.You can find information above about what we can do in future about faucet to stop in some way that abbusing.

3 Likes

calm down man, :smile: let the faucet go.
Let it be the constant specification of 1hive, not a bait for grabbing victims! absorbing them insideā€¦
Please donā€™t let the user and members think that: it was an abuseā€¦
Letā€™s be nice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Free hugs free money :hugs: :innocent:
say no to your capitalism evil, inside :joy: :genie:
everybody has one!

1 Like

It is like stealingā€¦
anything about stealing applies to itā€¦
Shame on them. but it is not a good reason to prevent this from the othersā€¦

It was a good way to know and use BrightIDā€¦

If itā€™s creating buzz then we should keep it.
Thatā€™s a legitimate point.
Maybe make it more interestingā€¦
I do like the idea of quests.
We need to be careful using Honeyswap as a Quest without specifying pairs to swap.
Some pairs do suffer from liquidity issues.

I do think, though, that they should be self-rewarding quests, like participating here and on Discord, since those actions also earn Honey.

We could set quests and have tokens for rewards, then require tokens for accessing the Faucet. Maybe a dual drip in a different coin as wellā€¦
somehow tie that in an airdrop and Honey going to main.

What I am thinking is that this way people could work through sequential quests.
The Faucet could reward any number of things.
I would like to see learning about and using the entire ecosystem rewarded.
We could do a variation on BadgerDAO and reward people doing things for other DAOs as well.
We could use the Shenanigan shwag and NFTs as quest awards somehow.
I think this would help get people actively involved, get other projects involved, be community building, and integrate a lot of different ideas weā€™re working on.

I may have forgotten something.

3 Likes

Yes
with these buttons and things, it will have some more attractions, and functionality since it will bring users into the communityā€¦

1 Like

I love this idea. Bankless has done something similar to this (Going Bankless: The Ultimate GuidešŸŒ… - by Ryan Sean Adams and David Hoffman - Bankless) as has Zerion. With daily quests, actions to take, ways to participate, etc. Maybe we can start building out a way to do something similar, I would think a pilot program would be necessary so as not to overwhelm the system or allow people to take advantage of the system too much.