Updates to SourceCred

Would it be possible for users to verify their social media identities so that 1hive can survey social media platforms such as Reddit or Twitter for non-Discord contributions by users? That way those of us who are very active on Reddit, for example, can still be acknowledged for our contributions to community growth and education?

1 Like

Do we have a way to measure the impact of SC changes compared to the previous configuration?
It would be good to have some metrics to learn the effects so we know the best way to implement new changes in the future to accomplish the results we want.

3 Likes

i have ask to sourcecred developper and itā€™s seems for now, itā€™s not possible to connect facebook, twitter and reddit to the system for adding cred.
Maybe in some days, they will develop it?

1 Like

Excellent work guys. I really like the pollen initiative.
Thanks @Blazar and @befitsandpiper for making the details of the process clear to everyone.

Excellent news Blazar, i guess there will be always need for tweeking till we will find the right balance for the community which is ever evolving.

My question is which are the super emojis ?

2 Likes

Those four are the super emojis:

emojis

5 Likes

Thanks i did not knew that ā€¦ I guess we learn something new all the time.

7 Likes

Yes. Use those power emojis wisely.
Please donā€™t ever react to posts with 2+ different emojis, nor click on every type of emoji that might already be there.

If you think someone was very helpful, you can give them one of the super emojis. If you just like a message, you can use any of the regular ones.

4 Likes

Weā€™re not gonna ban people for using emojis, come on. Also there are plenty of reasonable times to add 2+ emojis to peopleā€™s responses. And anyway, we may have some sort of asymptotic cred minting that caps the total amount of cred people can mint anyway.

The issues that weā€™re seeing I think are more around people trying to sybil, or collude in ways that donā€™t add value to the community. But it is not so simple to say this is a ban-able offense.

12 Likes

Of course memes are important!

Giving a meme of the week bump was suggested on Discord.

We donā€™t want people just spamming memes.

A meme limit per person was also suggested, but Iā€™d hate to see that. Itā€™s hard to know which meme will take off sometimes.

I think the meme of the week, paying to several places, will produce better results. People will put effort into being their best (tbh Iā€™ve seen some sweet sweet work on the Discord), and once a person has published they wonā€™t feel a need to create more to harvest more likes, which will also give them time to contribute more on other servers.

I havenā€™t thought this through, but it may also be possible to award HNY based on votes with everyone getting one vote?
Even better if it can be split.

So instead of picking winners just everyone vote and each meme that got a vote gets that voteā€™s share of the HNY.

This is all so much work to figure out.
Love watching governance in action.

3 Likes

Hey @Santigs, we currently kind of eyeball it. When @befitsandpiper runs his local instance with the changes that week we have a look at the distribution to see if the changes make sense. Thereā€™s no real method to this other than us judging whether we think the distribution looks better or worse. Usually this is done over the course of a few days so we can get it as right as possible. Hopefully weā€™ll have better tools at a later date.

4 Likes

That is great. At least you test locally to have an idea of how the changes are going to impact. I am working on getting the info from discourse right now and trying to get the first graphs out of it, from there we all will start getting graphical info from different angles and have a chance to see how our involvement + any changes are affecting the distributions.

2 Likes

You can vote on memes in discord with your reactions. This should in theory be how the memes channel works. But weā€™re getting a lot of ā€œI scratch your back, you scratch mineā€ type behavior when the memes are total trash. But, some sort of asymptotic decrease in cred for reactions per identity rather than linear cred per reaction will probably mostly fix this problem.

4 Likes

hello ~

we dont need to be good to each other , but lets try to be fair ~ i think giving a room for people to have place where they can easily get cred. they make the time for it and log in to the discord ~ is really valuable for the community . the problem is abusing it ~ which i suggested before to have cap on meme channels ~~

1 Like

I like this idea a lot.
In that case, would the reactions per identity be distributed equally among every1 that recieved them? Or would the latest reactions be worth less as the cred minted reaches the asymptote?

1 Like

The idea is each additional reaction per identity reacting on a message would be worth half of what the previous is worth. Only the first react per person is worth full value. Probably would first sort by reaction weight so itā€™s not order dependent

4 Likes

Not a SourceCred dev, but Iā€™m a member of the SourceCred community that has been in convos with devs discussing social media plugins. Short answer, yes, itā€™s possible. Long answer, not on the immediate roadmap but could be worth prioritizing.

Basically, youā€™d need to create a new plugin for each platform (Twitter, reddit, etc.). This requires a) some design work requiring knowledge of the SourceCred algorithm; to get a sense of this, you can read the docs for the Discourse plugin, which document Cred flows there, and b) requires a decent amount of dev bandwidth, which is currently scarce. Itā€™s open source of course, and anyone is welcome to build it. Just want to set expectations.

Also, my personal 2 HNY is that directly incentivizing ā€˜shillingā€™ can be risky. It may be profitable in the short term, but risks creating a social dynamic that alienates some. That said, I absolutely do think posting about 1Hive and Honeyswap on social media is valuable. Itā€™s the main way projects grow. It helps educate. And IMO the power of SourceCred is that it accurately quantifies value. One potential idea for a workaround in the meantime is creating a #social-media channel where people can post links to their social media posts. If other community members think those posts add value (e.g. got lots of likes on Twitter), they can react with emojis, flowing Cred. This adds a nice layer of review to the process as well. It seems this occurs to some extent already in the #buzz channel, though Iā€™m not as familiar with the current dyamics there or aims of community members focused on marketing.

7 Likes

hi guys
not sure to be in the good thread, by the way i will put my question here

when i do hny mycred on bot, i have see than my number of last is increase of 9 to 22ā€¦
not sure to understand why?
this is will increase my distribution of pollen ? or not

thanks

Hello trankil.

1.-That means that your cred has increased since last update, cred=polLen. You may have gotten new likes to your messages, that is probably the reason.
2.- Not exactly. It dependes on your % compared to the rest of the users. If you increase your pollen but the rest of the accounts increase it more than you, you will actually receive less HNY, by contrary if you increase your percentatge more than the rest, you will receive more HNY

2 Likes

santigs, thanks for you answer, but itā€™s the last week number i donā€™t understand
for me last week number should not change before the next week of distribution?

example yesterday i have : Your cred: Total 38 Last week 17
today i have : Total 43 Last week 22

so last week increase ā€¦ or itā€™s a real time check for last week it take the amount at the sametime minus 7 days