1Hive Brainstorm NFT Collection Ideas

I have been dabbling into NFT’s a little more and more lately and have become quite fond of them. I made my first round of 20 minted 1Hive themed Honeyswap NFT’s. Which can be seen here:

https://app.rarible.com/token/0xd07dc4262bcdbf85190c01c996b4c06a461d2430:55099:0xae4076912111a01da810fbfe8cbd9ce0b881ff78

I made these just for fun and to give out to other 1hive community members for free to spread Honeyswap into the NFT world. I did not want to just throw the 1hive logo on an NFT and call it a day so I wanted to make sure it was original artwork. I followed the brand guidelines and color palette the best of my ability. The little bee that I made is my personal signature you could say, I made him to use in any infographics I make or even my avatars and memes. When I posted in discord about the NFT there was a lot of positive feedback of people wanting one, almost to the point where I was afraid I would over promise them as I only minted 20. This exclusivity was an exciting factor though. But this got me thinking, I would like to create more NFT’s but would like to add some purpose behind them.

While thinking of ways to contribute or to give back to those who have done so much to kick start 1hive into what its shaping into I had some ideas. One idea that I could maybe make a Dev specific NFT where only an amount related to the amount of devs is minted and only the devs receive them. Sort of like the Bee token but in an art form. This same theme could follow through to the Fauna as well. This really got me thinking that maybe I could create a collection of 3-5 NFT’s that are all visually similar but altered specifically to signify status. Or if not a status maybe a swarm?

Another good collection could possibly be a farm collection where you can collect your favorite honeycomb design NFT for HNY/STAKE HNY/WETH HNY/XDAI for example. Collections like these could come out in series. So maybe a first series HNY/STAKE NFT would be more rare than months later when the second/third/fourth series HNY/STAKE NFT of completely different designs release. This shows you were here during the farms beginning. Collect all the series if you want!

Another idea I had is possibly for a few different artists to collaborate on a collection. This could lead to some type of event that we could generate hype and buzz around within the community about when certain NFT collections are releasing and by who.

That being said I would really like to give back to those who go above and beyond here and I think NFT’s are a fun way to get the community interacting with each other over certain milestones or events within 1hive.

I really haven’t put much thought into price at all, the first round I gave out for free even after paying the gas fees of roughly $6 to mint them and $0.60 per NFT to send them to the recipients. I plan on giving them out for free and if you get one or a few and you like them and you want to tip me that’d obviously be appreciated but absolutely not necessary. If the NFT’s develop value and people want to trade them or sell them that is up to them but I’m not trying to sell NFT’s at this time.

Kind of just wanted one solid place where I could get these thoughts down and get comments or critiques and ideas from everyone. So please feel free to share anything, how do you feel about these kind of ideas and is this something you might like to see?

9 Likes

How do I obtain? It says not for sale when I go to the website and also only 13 people have them, so should be 7 more? I appreciate what you do! Thanks for the possible free NFT!

This is awesome. A few ideas:

• Staking: Stake HNY to earn NFTs. Ex: $MEME and pineapple points :pineapple:.
  • Earning: Do things in the community (development, provide liquidity, etc…) to earn them (more like player roles in an RPG, but that could potentially be composed into future rewards programs or dApps).
  • Gifting: Buy honey/bee themed NFTs with HNY to give to contributors. Kind of like tipping, but the NFTs might appreciate in value as collectables that show proof of awesomeness and represent supporting and growing the community.
4 Likes

These are all great ideas. Does anyone know if there is something like opensea/rarible on xDai? We have nifty.ink with it’s publish to Mainnet function. It’d be great to have a community run rarible clone on xdai to save on gas fees and let people play with the tech a little bit. The ‘publish to mainnet’ could generate fees for 1Hive.

1 Like

Great initiative. :art:
I like the idea of getting rewards as collectables for helping the community to grow.

I like the idea. The NFT market is growing rapidly and if you are able to link that up with the 1Hive community it would be awesome. :honeybee:

Would be great to see an xDAI NFT marketplace that:

• Makes it easy for anyone to mint NFTs on xDAI.
  • Allows creators to sell NFTs in whatever token they want.
  • Allows anyone to buy said NFTs in said token (maybe using HoneySwap on the backend to swap the tokens the user has to the tokens the creator wants).

Beyond that, if/when we have HNY lending, we could create charged particles on xDAI to take HNY NFTs to the next level.

2 Likes

The current NFT platform of xDAI has its own limitation so we are cooking a new one with better marketplace and HNY integration and some cool ideas.

Participate in the project if you can actively contribute in any of following areas and acquired early ownership for the platform

• Smart contract development
  • DAO Implementation for governance on the project
  • Game development (Unity or Android version of NFT Game)
  • Management of a project