1Hive market place

One of the issues members find with pollen distributions today is that hny is been traded for stable coins or doesnt stay within the community. I propose creating a market place where members can trade physical goods and nfts p2p. We could start simply creating a channel on Discord and see where it goes. This would help hny to stay within the community and also recycling unwanted things. It would work with 3 different options: local pick ups, posting directly to other members or sending to distribution centres spread world wide ( we have members world wide that could help with that). Maybe we could add also a bid system.
A fee of like 1% on top of sales would go back to the common pool.
Obviously this idea needs to de discussed and i would appreciate any feedbacks.
Hope you all have a great weekend
D

6 Likes

I don’t know how hard (or expensive) this would be to implement, but if we can use an existing platform or something it’s worth a try imo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool idea, I love to see real-world application of crypto.

1 Like

This could be a really cool idea. The infrastructure to put it in place and potential regulations with shipping items could pose a huge problem though. Maybe we can build on an existing platform as @eenti said or restrict it to just digital items until we can show a need is there before trying to build something larger scale?

1 Like

This sounds interesting. I imagine a small market platform with escrow functionality and dispute resolution through Celeste.

2 Likes

yes i didnt even think about escrow but its probably one the main parts needed for it to work! also the escrow would charge the fee for the common pool.

For physical goods it would be like the same as if buying of from ebay. Like an “ebay” between daos connected by gardens. Both parts involved can speak to each other on discord easily, and knows each other.

1 Like

I’ve checked xion marketplace that monstro mentioned on discord… it’s different proposal.

Nice idea… keeping everything circulating within the Hive… that’s a great thought there… how to properly implement this idea is the next step…:handshake:

1 Like

I’m a small retailer, if I can help out with retail insight let me know :honeybee:

1 Like

best idea ever, good to read it🙄

1 Like