Community Supporter 6th Month Proposal

Community Supporter 6th Month Proposal

→ Proposal Can ve voted on Here ←

Last time we asked for 18HNY at an average of 950$ per honey, for (11.9 HNY) distributed amongst 5 members, (4 HNY) for the community and (2.1 HNY) for the facilitator.

With the drop in the price of honey we managed to survive for two months.

Team from the fourth month:

Team from the fifth month:

With the launch of Agave and the farms, we expect a new wave of people and more activity in the help channels.

Again our goals remain the same:

• To help with onboarding & troubleshooting
  • Highly active team (high accountability no work = no pay)
  • Inclusive, to have a fast turnover of people in community supporter role
  • Develop community people trained (team of 5 to consult with each other)
  • Facilitator role; he will be in charge of supervising, reviewing the analytics and paying the correct amount of hny to the supporters.

Budget

This time we are asking for 30HNY at a current average of 400$ per honey.
The idea is to pay an average 2000$ for each member of the team if there is a high demand. If the weeks are slow, this funding will help us last for a few months, and hopefully if the honey price goes up, this founding will last us for more months to come.

6th Month, First week team:

Our Colony

9 Likes

Already moved the HNY to supports the honey migration to this proposal

This proposal is too subjective, $2000 for each member “if there is high demand”.

1. What is high demand?
  2. How does the pay amount vary in function of activity?
  3. How do we measure activity? Is this just the amount of messages on the #help channel?

I do not believe the facilitator should charge the same as the other individuals (as implied in this proposal) since the responsibility for this role is reviewing analytics once a week and handing out payments which sounds like 1-2 hours per week at most. Probably an hourly rate is more suited for this role, similar to how PMs charge in other swarms.

I think you should have stated the way you are going to measure what to pay to each member, is this going to be based on what you think is fair for slow weeks? is it via consensus among members? perhaps a formula using the # of messages in discord/telegram?

Other than that, it looks fine. The goals are clear and this swarm has been running for a good amount of time already.

5 Likes

It’s not about the number of messages, someone could have 400 messages and never helped anyone, I take the time to review every chat and see the engagement, plus the time the guys take to help people.

Since the beginning of the Support Swarm, the max payment for a support group member was around 2000$ , the first months were amazing and busy for the guys. For slow weeks we have a 65% rule decrease for the payments, plus a decrease if the engagement was low so we are not paying 2000$ per month for each facilitator (unless things go crazy). Sometimes we paid around 500/700$ for a month, and that’s how the funding last even more.

I do not believe the facilitator should charge the same as the other individuals (as implied in this proposal) since the responsibility for this role is reviewing analytics once a week and handing out payments which sounds like 1-2 hours per week at most. Probably an hourly rate is more suited for this role, similar to how PMs charge in other swarms.

As a facilitator I’m always checking the guys, and I’m always trying to find new people helping. It’s not only about taking the time to do the payments (Sometimes it takes me a whole day to check all the guys plus new people helping that deserve some payment), The facilitator has always to be on the watch. This takes more time daily thank you think, plus the whole day I take to figure things out (checking convos, figuring out the numbers, reaching out to people that is helping, and making sure members are actively helping, etc).

1. For high demand we are talking about 400/500 messages per member, for a low demand it’s something around 80 or less messages
  2. I make sure to check the conversations always, but a guy doing 500 messages a week (only helping) should get the whole thing. If the total of messages is less than 150 messages per people that’s considered a slow week). The messages doesn’t mean they are helping a lot tho, we have had situations were users were just having chats in the help channel.
  3. I make sure of that, it’s a little bit subjective but I make sure to do it fairly for everyone. That’s why our moto is “high accountability, no work = no pay”
4 Likes

This post seems to answer most of the points I was concerned about. I’m not worried about the amount of time you take to do all of this, it’s more of a transparency concern. You’ve clarified a lot of your responsibilities, but from my perspective, you can still track the time you take to do this as a manager. See how I vaguely estimated your work, when it was definitely way more than that but I had no way to go check to audit this as a 1Hive member (unlike supporters, where I can definitely check if they have been helping, etc since this is publicly accessible).

I decided to post cause last time I checked the colony, the payment inconsistency between how much supporters are paid vs you during the same period of time is quite big considering the slow week affects all of you. For reference, the biggest payment to a supporter was 0.43 HNY and you got paid 2.43 (I might be missing some context though, happy to hear).

I’m in no way against this proposal, I do value what you all do as a Swarm.

3 Likes

yeah! I feel your concerns, I’ll start to track my hours, maybe there is an app to do it? what do you have in mind?

And yeah, I know, for instance last two weeks were horrible, we had less than 50 messages per helper, that’s why the payments were too small, and that clearly differs from the facilitator payment

Yea regarding this, I don’t really expect (and I hope nobody else does) you to use any time tracking app. It would just fine if you put the task, and the amount of time it took you as an estimate.

1 Like

If you want to manage your time, you can use an app like clockify.me, if only for you and the rest of the team, to keep tracks of the work done. (I don’t want to control your schedules)

1 Like