Compensation for Discord emojis

Donā€™t forget to vote in the poll that was added to the topic post.

itā€™s a little strange to contribute to community and ask for money after.

and if we start with that, anyone will ask for it.

For example i have spend some time to format and create a post on bitcointalk, i will not ask 1 hny for that, i have win small cred for that (less than post some stupid meme in meme channel) but itā€™s the game

we participate to community because we believe in project , not with idea than after we can ask for compensation

(sorry if my english is not so good, i hope itā€™s understandable )

@trankil We are a community, but also an organization that requires skilled contributors. If growth for the organization was created and the user at hand did not feel as if the current compensation or reward wasnā€™t enough, then it is within their rights as a HNY contributor to request what they deem fair. But this does require convicing other members as to why you should be rewarded more as the 1Hive members will be the ones voting on it.

2 Likes

I think here, time worked =/= value added.

Just because someone works 20 hours, doesnā€™t mean they deserve more than someone who worked less. I think the factors to consider are impact, quality, and pollen earned.

Impact:

I think no doubt these have a significant impact on the Discord. As someone who has made custom emojis for Discord and Twitch, I can say, people use the crap out of them.

Quality:

The impact is high, but the quality is low. I can make each one of these without even owning photoshop. I find it hard to believe that 20 hours of real work went into making these, which are essentially glorified use of the magic wand. Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s wrong. They are pretty great, but low quality. :Yeahhh:, :WinnieHello:, :HNY:, :cursedlistener:, and :HoneyDipper: are just blatant CTRL-C, CTRL-V. Why even include them?

Pollen Cred:

I havenā€™t looked into how much you got for this specifically, but Iā€™m sure its more than 0.1 HNY. That Cred along with this post is a significant amount. Pollen is retroactive. I invite you to use this post as a hub to earn more Cred, instead of getting the lump sum. If people like this post later on in history, you will earn more.

So in conclusion, Iā€™m not in support of this proposal. I donā€™t mind you asking after the fact, but I believe pollen solves your problem. Just let people know in the community that you feel undervalued and let the Cred decide. It also irks me how much youā€™re asking for, which makes me want to support this even less. I made the BrightID bot, for example, and didnā€™t receive any HNY just to show you where Iā€™m coming from. Make the community better and the HNY will come.

5 Likes

this should pass but its going to take a while

1 Like