Create a clear structure for 1Hive - putting the users at the centre

I want to start a conversation about creating a clear structure for 1Hive in order to improve user experience.

This would make things easier to navigate for all members (new and old) and also allowing new projects to become more visible and accessible for those who might be interested, meaning faster development and adoption.

Think of it like the FAQ that is being developed, but rather than a reading intensive document, we have something akin to an app home screen.

I think it needs to be uniform across all platforms, so no matter what part of the ecosystem you are viewing, you will have a menu there so you can go straight to the most appropriate place to find information or contribute, without having to search for it.

Just quickly thinking about it, we have users who are basically just a customer and have no interest in developing or contributing as well as the other side who are interested in contributing to the growing ecosystem in whatever capacity they have. Just separating these two would be a good start.

USER:
UBI - The Faucet
Trading - Honeyswap (Tulip)
Investing/liquidity mining - Pools and Farm

CONTRIBUTER:
Voting/democracy/covenant (Celeste - I personally don’t know much about this and think it might fit into the user side as well)
Security
Marketing/PR (Buzz)
Rewards (Pollen)
Other project suggestions/proposals

This is obviously a rough guide, but I think if we flesh it out a bit then we can make a clear structure that can be presented graphically in a way that make sense to all users to help find their way. It will also help us grow ideas and projects at a faster speed.

Do you see the need for this or do you have any suggestions?

3 Likes

This is along the lines of what I am talking about. Making it clear what 1hive is, aside from what honeyswap is. It is both a front end trading/investing project and back end open source community project. If we get it right then the value of both HNY and the ecosystem will be very clear, which will encourage more and more community involvement and faster development.