Farm... could pay fixed amount?

I’m wondering if the farms couldn’t pay a fixed amount per lp token?

Edited to add A fixed amount, not a fixed percentage. Like x amount of Honey per token per day. end Edit.

It seems a big dissatistaction people have farming is the wild changes in apy as the farm grows. I feel like if we had a fixed amount that would reassure especially the smaller holders we’re wanting to attract.
That would change how we fund the farms somewhat I think, but it should be doable.
Thoughts?

Edited to add: Don’t take this as an endorsement of farms. I think a Honey-Xdai farm would be good, to kind of 1Hive sponser that liquidity pool, since it’s important to the DAO.
I’m mostly farm agnostic.

It is impossible to have a fixed amount for lp tokens because lp tokens track the value of your assets in the pool and as you know, prices of assets are never stable.

I guess what you are trying to say is having a fixed amount for rewards. But that will be unfair since people invest different amounts.

You could stake your hny and get a % hny return on what you staked.

1 Like

celeste will provide a fixed percent APY i believe, which is topped up via proposals. Will need some verification on this though

1 Like

It could be per lp token.
The number of lp tokens doesn’t change with value of assets.

People want to be able to compute their earnings.
So it wouldn’t be a fixed percentage.
It would be x amount of honey per token per day.
Completely unrelated to transactions or fees.

I get that this is completely different from how it’s usually done, but it should be easy math, since nothing changes. It would be like a counter pretty much, yes?

Ahh, i see what you mean.