Fluid Proposal - Treasury diversification

Proposal Information

This proposal is to fund the 1Hive Hedgey ongoing Treasury Diversification Program.
Supporting this proposal will allocate a constant stream of HNY for our Treasury diversification plan.
You can support this proposal on Gardens (.eth.limo) or Gardens (.org)

Proposal Rationale

Treasury diversification into stablecoins - the Treasury Swarm uses tooling built and maintained by Hedgey Finance to convert Honey into xDai with minimal sell pressure on the Honey token, both with call options and OTC sales for discounted, time-locked Honey.

The program has successfully converted $15k of HNY into stable coins, and continues to generate yield on idle HNY and converting it responsibly to stable coins that benefit the community and the DAO. The long term goal is to build up stable xDAI balances such that those funds would be accessible through Conviction Voting with a multi-token Garden Model, freeing those xDAI balances to be utilized for operating payments required to maintain, operate and run the DAO and its future goals.

Hedgey allows the 1HIVE DAO to sell conditional agreements using HNY. These agreements can generate xDAI revenue for the DAO, as well as diversify the treasury in a transparent way.

Related documents

Expected duration or delivery date

Up to 1 year: the intent is to allow HNY to be deployed up to the limit on a continual basis for responsible DAO Treasury Diversification.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

Swarm DAO members with equal weight in control of funds:

@DO$H @Paul2 @solarmkd

Hedgey Team members with equal weight in control of funds:

@icemanparachute

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Treasury Swarm Gnosis Safe: 0x47Aa2DF36e30ADa9f8Ceee54b3C8a60FD4787706

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:

HNY in this program will be used to create a series of covered calls on the Hedgey protocol. These calls will be available for purchase to the general public. Funds will be deployed from the Gnosis safe multi-sig wallet to the Hedgey Protocol. xDAI received may be deployed into Agave xDAI supply vaults for yield, but the end goal is to be delivered to the DAO to be used for funding ongoing development and DAO general operations and endeavors. HNY may also be used to be deployed in upcoming new products built by Hedgey that have the same goal and intent of covered calls - helping diversification of the 1Hive Treasury. This is a continuation of prior diversification proposals, which have generated over $15k in xDAI that is currently yielding interest but ready to be deployed by the DAO at anytime for various uses.

3 Likes

I have a couple of questions about this proposal, and would also like a general update since its been quite a while since it was originally proposed.

1. Is the swarm still active? What have the results been?
  2. The proposal states that “The long term goal is to build up stable xDAI balances such that those funds would be accessible through Conviction Voting with a multi-token Garden Model”, however, as far as I know that functionality does not exist in gardens, and is not a part of the gardens roadmap… What if any alternatives are being explored in order to close the loop so that the benefits of this treasury diversification can be realized by the community?
1 Like

Hi @lkngtn since the new treasury was formed on top of Gardens, @paul asked to move the funds to a new safe vault and they have new members in that multisig.

To sumarize about the results we acomplished diversifying around 15k$ in xdai for the Dao with hedgey options when Honey had a decent price from 50-100 xdai per HNY.
I was waiting for the price to come up afterwards so we can make more stablecoins but the bear market didn’t allow us to work more on this, therefore no action was taken by the Treasury to diversify more.
In the meantime Paul came with a suggestion to make a new treasury and all collected funds were moved to a new Multisig.
This is a screenshot from one of the transactions :

Also i remember we provided liquidity for HiveWater and also sent some xdai for @mrtdlgc as bounty for saving the Common Pool if i remember correctly. All the funds were moved to the new treasury now except what’s left from last months around 50 HNY from the Fluid funding stream.

I will close the fluid proposal now and I just checked there are around 50 HNY left which we can discuss what to do, returning to common pool or moving them to the new treasury are some options. Any suggestions are appreciated and welcome.