Funding for 1Hive to join UberHAUS

Funding for 1Hive to join UberHAUS

Proposal Information

What is UberHAUS? UberHaus is the DAO of DAOs that governs the HAUS token and acts as an umbrella org for the Moloch DAOs summoned in the DAOhaus framework, should they wish to participate.

Why should we participate? UberHAUS includes some of the most innovative and active DAOs around today, including Raid Guild, MetaCartel, MolochDAO, and DAOhaus. DAOhaus in particular is a complement and competitor to Gardens. It’s in our interest to strengthen our ties with this community, align our mutual interests, and have a seat at the table when they discuss their plans. On a more pecuniary note, 1Hive would also stand to accrue a non-trivial amount of HAUS rewards for participating.

How do we participate? Only Moloch DAOs are eligible to participate. I have stood up a Moloch DAO, the 1Hive Embassy, to serve as an “adapter.”

The Embassy DAO is structured in the following way:

• Any contributor of 1Hive in good standing can propose to join the Embassy by offering between 0.1 and 1.0 HNY as tribute to join the Embassy DAO for shares (voting and economic rights)
  • Proposing members can request / receive 1 share per .1 HNY tributed, i.e., max 10 shares
  • Members may also request additional loot (which are non-voting economic shares in the Moloch framework), 1 loot per .1 HNY tributed beyond the 1HNY for voting shares, no maximum

Entry to UberHAUS requires holding a minimum of 500 HAUS in the participating DAO treasury (1Hive Embassy in this case), which will be procured using a combination of Embassy DAO member funds (tributed as part of acceptance to the DAO) and 1Hive funding from this proposal.

Embassy DAO will then nominate a Delegate to attend UberHAUS proceedings & governance participation.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
After funds are dispersed to the Embassy minion (a smart contract used to manage funds), there will be a waiting period of several days for the Moloch proposal to pass voting and execution in order for the funds to be swapped for HAUS. At that point, we will apply for formal UberHAUS membership and nominate a delegate. It’s reasonable to expect that everything will be resolved and 1Hive will have officially joined UberHAUS by early September 2021.

Team Information

So far, six 1Hive contributors have submitted for membership in the Embassy DAO and will become full members as soon as their membership proposals conclude the voting + grace periods. Therefore, the Embassy DAO team consists of:
@ceresbzns
@gabi
@sacha
@metaverde
@Monstrosity
@D0SH

Membership is open, according to the criteria described above.

Funding Information

Amount of HNY requested: 20 HNY

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred: 0xaff80d6294732a52655a9252b851ed63b867d8d6

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:

• The current price for 1HAUS is ~16.5 xDAI (Aug 6, 2021). Embassy DAO members have collectively raised 1622 wxDAI through their membership tribute, which will be swapped for ~96 HAUS.
  • We are asking for 20 HNY to cover the shortfall, which will be swapped for ~404 HAUS tokens, the minimum stake required for UberHAUS membership.
  • Any excess HNY will be administered at the discretion of the Embassy for the benefit of 1Hive, such as paying Embassy DAO members for their time spent in representing 1Hive in UberHAUS proceedings, or returned to the 1Hive common pool.
  • HAUS rewards for UberHAUS participation will be apportioned between 1Hive treasury and Embassy DAO members in proportion to funds contributed.

Proposal can be found on Honeypot here: Proposal 32

4 Likes

To whom it may concern,
It would be great if we could just get more individuals to join. It only cost a minimum of 0.1 hny or maximum 1 hny paid in wxdai. Thanks,

FYI: After August 9, 2021, membership or loot proposals can be made to Embassy DAO using HNY directly Embassy HNY allowlisting proposal

Will the 20 HNY in the proposal be sold on the market or otc? there’s probably a bit of a concern dumping 20hny all at one time on the market causing about a 1% price slippage.

We can OTC if we can line up a buyer. Haus community might be interested in a swap.

Hey @Monstrosity @ceresbzns could i join? I wanted to but wasn’t sure how. Any clues for newbie please?

What does uberhaus build? I don’t see any concrete explanation of what uberhaus actually does in the above proposal besides govern “something”.

Would uberhaus expect to have influence over the direction of 1Hive?

Step by step guide here: 1Hive <> UberHAUS - #4 by ceresbzns

As I understand it, UberHAUS governs the HAUS token as a common pool resource, similar to how 1Hive governs HNY token.

Much of that is funneled to DAOhaus, which has built their no-code DAO platform and continues to fund its improvement.

UberHAUS would not expect to have unilateral influence over the direction of 1Hive. Also of note, we could exit the UberHAUS at any time via “ragequit” - withdrawing our funds as we go.

What is the common pool typically used for besides DAOhaus?

And how does that benefit 1Hive? I’m not seeing the value proposition here.

Is there a penalty for rage quitting? eg losing a percentage of funds that are withdrawn?

You can see for yourself here: DAOhaus

I’ll quote myself here:
Why should we participate? UberHAUS includes some of the most innovative and active DAOs around today, including Raid Guild, MetaCartel, MolochDAO, and DAOhaus. DAOhaus in particular is a complement and competitor to Gardens. It’s in our interest to strengthen our ties with this community, align our mutual interests, and have a seat at the table when they discuss their plans. On a more pecuniary note, 1Hive would also stand to accrue a non-trivial amount of HAUS rewards for participating.

No.

I’ve read that, and again it suggests 1Hive can take part in governing “something” but what that is hasn’t been described beyond this “no-code” platform (what is that?) and a bunch of random proposals (again not described).

1 Like