Funding proposal: Implementation and deployment of Dynamic Issuance Policy v2

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
This proposal funds the modeling design, development, and deployment of Dynamic Issuance v2 into the 1hive DAO and the rest of the gardens.

The modeling design is already done and the next steps are its implementation (write Solidity code), validation (write tests), and deployment (publish to APM and create a vote to replace one issuance by the other).

Proposal Rationale
The current 1hive Dynamic Issuance serves its purpose very well for the current parameters 1hive is using and I think that the inflationary/deflationary mechanism to reach a target ratio is one of the more interesting properties of HNY :honey_pot:.

This is why before we launch the garden economies I’d like to refine the issuance component to be able to plot it in a reliable way, to have a predictable output, and to use easy-to-understand parameters. If HNY is the lifeblood of 1hive cybernetic superorganism, then the Dynamic Issuance is it’s heart :heartbeat: and I think this proposal will provide it with the level of sophistication it deserves.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
By the end of August we should be voting on-chain the proposal of replacing the v1 of Dynamic Issuance by v2.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

@sem - software engineer, 1hive seed

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
I have previously coded the first version of conviction voting and then modeled it in jupyter. This time I wanted to model it first and code later :sweat_smile:

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of HNY requested: 15 HNY (~$5,364 at current price)

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred: 0xf632Ce27Ea72deA30d30C1A9700B6b3bCeAA05cF

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:

This work is been done within the context of Gardens Swarm, but I preferred not to charge it directly to the swarm since it’s a side job not directly involved in the building of Gardens.

This proposal pays for 3 man-week of work at a rate of $50/h.

5 Likes

:bee: You can support this proposal in the honeypot by clicking here. :bee:

Hey @sem - I was wondering how our issuance policy handles the max annual inflation rate. What’s the formula for how token minting is throttled as it reaches that max rate?

Sorry for the delay on this. Some months has passed since I proposed a new issuance policy, and I couldn’t finish it until now. Due to a recent interest on changing the 1hive parameters, some bees started to look again to the issuance topic asking specifically for the issuance v2, so it may be interesting to retake again this discussion.

I wrote the contract and tests for the new policy, and I will be glad to help writing an evmcrispr script to upgrade the current one after discussing which parameters should we have.

You can use this simulation to play with the proposed Dynamic Issuance Policy v2 in order to learn how it looks like. In it you can change the target ratio (t), the recovery time (r), and the current ratio (c).

3 Likes