Gardens Safe Guardian Update 🌱

More than two years ago, I submitted an application for Gardens to be a Safe Guardian:

We were selected and granted an allocation of ~132k SAFE tokens :balloon:

The application was my own vision at the time, as there were not many contributors left, making it hard to get feedback. I was expecting Blossom Labs (Sem, Paulo, and myself) to leverage part of the funds to keep building DAO tooling on top of Safe. However, the transferability took much longer than expected, and things took a different course.

For reference, this was the application submitted: Gardens Safe Guardian :beginner:

Over the last couple of months, we have been working on the following token allocation:

Allocation % #
Future 75% 99,311
Retro 20% 26,483
1Hive 5% 6,621
Retro % of Retro % of Total #
Gardens v1 75% 15% 19,862
Blossom Labs 25% 5% 6,621

A more detailed breakdown of the allocation can be found in the following spreadsheet: Safe Guardians Token Allocation.

The Future allocation will be used to fund Gardens v2 development and seed a SAFE Funding pool once v2 is ready. Following is the allocation breakdown:

Future % of Future % of Total #
v2 Funding Pools 80% 60% 79,449
v2 Dev - Upfront 10% 8% 9,931
v2 Dev - On Completion 10% 8% 9,931

In the next couple of weeks, the Gardens Swarm will create a Coordinape to distribute the retroactive reward among Gardens v1 contributors.

5 Likes