đź’Ą [GITCOIN AIRDROP] GTC token airdrop for decentralizing GITCOIN, airdrop value atm is ~ 500$

The DAO to govern Gitcoin

The DAO is the vessel for Gitcoin’s mission. It consists of community members coordinating to fund public goods, and introduces the Gitcoin token (GTC) to make decisions about where to allocate resources.

GTC is a governance token for credibly neutral developer talent and public goods funding, and the means to progressively decentralize the Gitcoin platform through the GitcoinDAO.

At inception, Gitcoin’s DAO will oversee a community treasury of GTC tokens, along with offering a governance framework for delegates (called Gitcoin Stewards) to participate in key ecosystem decisions such as fund allocation, matching pools, and grant collusion.

GTC is a fork of the COMP/UNI governance systems, built with a delegation prompt built into the retroactive claim process. We hope this flow will establish our DAO ecosystem with higher voter turnout than any blockchain-based governance system in the past.

The goal is to gradually introduce more formal frameworks for the ongoing development and maintenance of Gitcoin, as managed through on-chain voting.

In order to do this, we’re excited to welcome the Gitcoin token (GTC) into the world.

Introducing GTC

The Gitcoin token (GTC) is distributed to active participants in Gitcoin’s mission.

The contract address of GTC is 0xde30da39c46104798bb5aa3fe8b9e0e1f348163f

GTC has no economic value; it is a governance token used to oversee the Gitcoin ecosystem. It has no claim on financial rights.

Note: Please triple check the contract address when interacting with GTC . There are likely to be many malicious actors trying to leverage fake tokens to their benefit!

The total supply of GTC is 100,000,000 (100M) tokens, broken down as follows.

• Retroactive Airdrop – 15%
  • Gitcoin DAO – 50%
  • Existing Stakeholders – 35%

The intent of this distribution is to split GTC evenly between past and future contributors. 50% to those who’ve built Gitcoin so far (retro + stakeholders) and 50% to the builders of tomorrow.

Retroactive Airdrop – 15,000,000 GTC (15%)

15% of the GTC supply is being retroactively distributed to past users of Gitcoin.

Find the full article here: The DAO to govern Gitcoin

The DAO is the vessel for Gitcoin’s mission. It consists of community members coordinating to fund public goods, and introduces the Gitcoin token (GTC) to make decisions about where to allocate resources.

GTC is a governance token for credibly neutral developer talent and public goods funding, and the means to progressively decentralize the Gitcoin platform through the GitcoinDAO.

At inception, Gitcoin’s DAO will oversee a community treasury of GTC tokens, along with offering a governance framework for delegates (called Gitcoin Stewards) to participate in key ecosystem decisions such as fund allocation, matching pools, and grant collusion.

GTC is a fork of the COMP/UNI governance systems, built with a delegation prompt built into the retroactive claim process. We hope this flow will establish our DAO ecosystem with higher voter turnout than any blockchain-based governance system in the past.

The goal is to gradually introduce more formal frameworks for the ongoing development and maintenance of Gitcoin, as managed through on-chain voting.

In order to do this, we’re excited to welcome the Gitcoin token (GTC) into the world.

Introducing GTC

The Gitcoin token (GTC) is distributed to active participants in Gitcoin’s mission.

The contract address of GTC is 0xde30da39c46104798bb5aa3fe8b9e0e1f348163f

GTC has no economic value; it is a governance token used to oversee the Gitcoin ecosystem. It has no claim on financial rights.

Note: Please triple check the contract address when interacting with GTC . There are likely to be many malicious actors trying to leverage fake tokens to their benefit!

The total supply of GTC is 100,000,000 (100M) tokens, broken down as follows.

• Retroactive Airdrop – 15%
  • Gitcoin DAO – 50%
  • Existing Stakeholders – 35%

The intent of this distribution is to split GTC evenly between past and future contributors. 50% to those who’ve built Gitcoin so far (retro + stakeholders) and 50% to the builders of tomorrow.

Retroactive Airdrop – 15,000,000 GTC (15%)

15% of the GTC supply is being retroactively distributed to past users of Gitcoin.

Find the full article here:

5 Likes

Airdrop season is restarting babyyyy :innocent:

@ZER8 hello how are you, to claim that airdrop is it still possible? I suppose one of the requirements is to have donated in a round, I have not been able to translate because I am driving to work !!

1 Like

I am going to hold this Airdrop. This token rules.

2 Likes

@Kaselol
I will do the same! I’ll just claim and hold!

Just log in our Gitcoin account and see the coins there, if you are eligible.

Me too. I think this one really is a long term play, maybe I will sell half if they go nutz anyway and buy them back later.

yes i was eligible! thanks brother for this information!

1 Like

Great to hear that, I am sure there are a lot of beez eligible.

According to something I read, the GTC token can go up a lot! Hold hold is the best and great option! Greetings!

1 Like

Nice little airdrop! This is a quality project so glad to HODL a few of these.

1 Like

that’s right, hold hold! Git coin is great! @altcoins

Trust me, hold this token. My prediction is 25 dollars

1 Like

cool I hope I get even higher! @Kaselol

1 Like

Nice!

Guys, it’s a governance token for a useful and influential project.
I’m thinking I’ll keep mine.

3 Likes

Yes, this one really is a long term play, but if they got nuts I will sell some just for fun.

you are absolutely right, even as the days go by being optimistic it can go even higher because it is the governance toke of a project such as git coin!

1 Like

Best fact is Max supply 100.000.000

1 Like

Ty.
I had skimmed over that, but you’re right

I like the voting power delegation part… Maybe 1hive should implement this sort of thing paired with a way to categorize proposals - so that maybe votes from >delegated developers on >development proposals have a bigger weight than those from people who dont have as much technical knowledge (?)

1 Like