Got my first drip of Honey out of the faucet!

I am rather new to the crypto world. I bought my first piece of a Bitcoin on Robinhood in February and thought I was officially in the game. I bragged to my brother about what I had done and he just laughed at me. He explained that I didn’t really have any BTC and told me to sign up for Coinbase and learn the basics.

I started watching all the YouTube channels I could to get educated. I figured out what a blockchain was and from there I was hooked, but little did I know that there was so much more to it.

I got into leverage trading and made some pretty good gains, but quickly lost it all, so that was a rookie mistake, but I sure loved the thrill of it all because I love to gamble.

I gave up on leverage trading and decided to get myself a ledger and HODL by way of Dollar Cost Averaging. Turning out to be a good way to go, but it is kinda boring.

I was later introduced to Uniswap but couldn’t get myself to spend all that money on GAS fees and gave up without completing a transaction and ended up missing the Airdrop. That hurt.

So then I heard about HoneySwap and I was determined to figure it out.

After about 3 frustrating weeks of trying to figure out why my Metamask would not show me where the HONEY I swapped for went, I finally figured it out. Today I recieved my first drip from the HNY faucet! :honeybee::grin:

Thanks for all the threads on how to trouble shoot through all the problems I was having! I learned a ton from the process and look forward to more drips of that sweet HNY and to continually learn about crypto! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Double check your uni wallet. You Just needed a wallet connected, no transaction req’d, to get an airdrop.

Glad to hear you made it in. The learning curve is a curve for sure.

1 Like

Thanks man. Yeah my Uni says “O”. Pretty sad.
I think the reason is because I did not actually complete a transaction. I put the order in and My Metamask was connected, but I did not have enough ETH in my account to pay for the GAS, so the transaction was denied. The Gas fee was like 3x higher than the actual token I was trying to buy. Plus, I was only trying to buy a little because I wanted to learn how to use Uniswap in the case that one day I actually had money so that I could afford a to buy tokens and not mind a $17 Gas fee… :laughing:

But, if you know of another way to get those free UNI please let me know. I would be so happy, cause I have been totally bummed over it.

My next goal is to learn how to Stake and then I want to learn how to farm. So much to learn!:exploding_head: But it is all gonna some day be worth it. :v:t4:

1 Like

@StevieBlunts420, this thread might be able to help to learn for staking and farming

2 Likes

Congrats and welcome to the hive, be sure to join us in discord and register for pollen too :slight_smile:

3 Likes