Helping Artists Overcome Barriers to Entry

Proposal Title

Proposal Information

The biggest barrier to entry for artists to start creating NFTs is the price of creating and minting the items they wish to bring to market. I think we can use HNY to not only help onboard more artists to the xDai platform, but also help reimburse them for these costs that often prevent them from being able to create and market their items. I am requesting 3 HNY to help cover these costs and barriers to entry for up to 150 people.

Proposal Rationale
As aforementioned, this could help bring more users onto the xDai chain, it could help push the NFT space forward by bringing them to the xDai chain, and could increase adoption for HoneySwap by default.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
I think I could help cover these barriers to entry for 100 people within 1 month.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

(at)brain362_ and (at)calebb0_ on Twitter. (at)graphene0 on Telegram.

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
I have worked as community support and ambassador for 5 other projects in the past two years. During this work I helped distribute Algorand ALGO tokens as rewards for community members of the Algorand project.

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

3 HNY

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
0xAFECEbE1c14325c2212624AC710aF3a1b5Da595D

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:
I plan to distribute .025 HNY to over 100 upcoming/starting artists and NFT creators who are pushing the space forward. This will include artists who create art that has not been done before, creators who are using the NFT contracts to create items that NFTs are not usually used for–contracts, tickets, audio, etc, and for artists who have a plethora of content but who have never been able to create or mint their items due to cost restrictions.

2 Likes

Creating and minting NFT costs almost nothing on xdai?
They can probably use the faucet for the costs.

2 Likes

Have you checked out Unique.one? They are a Mainnet protocol that recently launched an xDai version. Minting NFTs on there is really cheap

2 Likes