Hive Music & Film Venue

Hi everyone!
I’d like to know how you feel about this idea: Let’s start a new voice channel on Discord that’s focused on different kinds of cultural events for the community.

HOW CAN THIS WORK?
Different days a week can be for different activities, for example: we could have Music Tuesdays where we can invite music projects from all the world (I could start contributing with some Mexican and US artists) and we could also have a Cineclub on Thursdays where we could watch a film and discuss it afterwards. We can have a live transmission and a re-transmission of these activities so different time zones won’t miss out.

WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED?
These activities would be open for all the 1hive community as a cultural diversity offer. Bees work hard and they deserve some entertainment :honeybee: :musical_note: :honeybee: :film_strip: :honeybee:

I can volunteer for booking and moderating this content, however I think in the long run this activity can be more enriched by getting people from all around the world to come forward to share music and cinema from their communities. At the same time, this will get more creative minds close to the project which is something increasingly necessary in the crypto space.

The name I came up with for this venue is PICNIC (idk if it makes sense haha) feedback is welcomed.

Please let me know if you have any ideas to make this better! I would love to start having live shows and screenings in the hive :relaxed:

8 Likes

I love this idea, It would be really good experience for everyone on 1hive , just not sure how much of priority is this for now , but it’s worth to discuss it…

@chuygarcia92 this sounds like a lot of fun :blush:. All the same i’m not sure how this will add value to the hive or how it aligns with the goal of the 1Hive DAO. Can you perhaps shed more light?

@Kryptobi these kind of activities help integrate the community and get to know a little more about each other and where we’re from. I also think that this can be a learning experience for a lot of artists that are willing to share some of their music and get some :honey_pot: :honey_pot:

@solarmkd what I like about the idea is that it doesn’t need a lot to work out, pretty much just the voice channel could get us a test drive. I’ve already talked to @pab to get some help designing the different flyers for each week in case the idea goes through and we will spread these among the hive :relaxed:

1 Like