Honey tollgate refund

Proposal Information

Proposal description:

The 1hive DAO is structured in a way so that to be able to create an admin vote, you have to pay a configurable HNY amount as toll, which goes to the common pool. The tollgate in a way works as an anti-spam meassure for creating admin votes.
At the beggining when we first deployed the DAO to xdai, we configured the tollgate amount to 100 HNY which seemed reasonable at the time. After HNY got more valuable, we considered lowering this amount, but decided to keep it as is
and let the vote creator get reimbursed in the case a new admin vote is required.

In the past months we have created 3 admin votes for which the tollgate amount hasn’t been reimbursed yet.
Below i will explain each of them:

• First vote This vote upgraded the conviction voting app for the first time.
    This new upgrade included new features we had been developing. You can see a complete list here.

Relevant transaction

• Second vote This vote would allow us to fix a missconfiguration on the current conviction voting app at the time, so we could reenable proposals and start with the farming.

Relevant transaction

• Third vote This vote was to upgrade conviction voting app to a fresh new app
    to mitigate any potential state inconsistency resulting from the previous conviction app missconfiguration.

Relevant transaction

This 3rd vote also included the execution to lower the amount of the tollgate to 5 HNY.

As you may notice, the 100 HNY go to the address: 0xBF5E915EFE399dB0a1ddC7b99e1BB80474469AEa which is the tollgate app fo the 1hive DAO.

You may also have noticed that each tollgate payment is made from different accounts. This is because when voting yes on an admin vote, you are locked till the vote gets executed, meaning that you cannot perform any HNY transfers from that account for more than 2 weeks, and this includes tollgate payments.

Proposal Rationale
Detailed rationale for why this proposal exists and should matter to HNY holders, the 1Hive community, and/or DAO ecosystem
I’m creating this proposal to ask the reibmursment of the 3 tollgate payments.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

I haven’t used all my HNY for this tollgate payments.

From the 300 HNY paid as toll:

I will be requesting the full reimburse to my address and will transfer the corresponding amounts to each of them.

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of HNY requested:
300 HNY

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
0x60a9372862bD752CD02D9AE482F94Cd2fe92A0Bf

7 Likes

I actually appreciate keeping it high. It requires already a very likely consensus and approval rating for a vote to even be started, and a huge risk for the proposer if he/they don’t do their due diligence in gaining support before it goes live. :thinking:

1 Like

While the amount is largely smaller, i think 5 or 100 HNY have the same effect as anti-spam measure.
Don’t see someone would want to pay 5 HNY as toll just to propose something that could never pass, 5 HNY is still a lot.

Also, most of the admin votes we have created include a lot of encoded transactions (which were created with a script, e.g the conviction voting upgrade vote) which could give room to errors on the script resulting on un executable votes like this one.

What’s more, we won’t be having the tollgate once we have disputable honeypot, so i think it’s fine to leave as is until we transition to disputable.

Thank you for explaining it in such a neat way. Of course I agree you should be reimbursed. I also think that 5 hny would be enough as toll ($1690 right now), but I agree with the toll being maintained at 100hny as I find logic the reason you told us.