Honeycomb: how to stake and farm tutorial, benefits and risks

Thanks sp7290 adding the chain ID seems to have fixed it.

1 Like

Hi, this is normally a result of an RPC misconfiguration.
Please check your custom RPC settings in MetaMask.

• First make sure that the chainID is 100. Unlike MM says, this is NOT optional
  • Secondly, you can switch between https://xdai.poanetwork.dev (works for me, but many others had problems with this one) and https://xdai.1hive.org/ (recommended) and see if the other works.
  • Of course, then you can still try the standard MM solutions: restart browser, clear cache and you might even reset MM (account -> settings -> advanced).

If this still doesn’t work, please head over to the #help channel on Discord.

2 Likes

Excellent and very well explained

1 Like

Thanks for this clear guide. I would have lost if not for this guide.

3 Likes

Hi

I am having an issue adding liquidity. When I try to add xdai and hny I gwt an error, gas limit must be greater than 20999 and less than 790027. I am not using max amount of xdai or hny.

You might wanna check this it might solve your issues with one of this solution. Troubleshooting problems on Metamask

1 Like

I had this same issue too using metamask browser on mobile (samsung a51). I was not able to pool - i have to do it from laptop browser. I can swap either way no problem but cannot perform liquidity pool operators. Try it from a laptop/desktop/another device

Hey guys, I’ve noticed in some posts on this forum that the honeyswap FE is referred to with https://uniswap.1hive.org/ , which still works btw but it would be better to set the redirect to honeyswap.org

Great Tutorial Harry !!

2 Likes

Did anyone have issue with metamask on mobile? Everytime I open honeyswap.org, I can’t find if my pool was there!

4 Likes

metamask mobile was buggy and even in computer you can’t see your pool sometimes, you need to import it.

3 Likes

I felt the same issue and someone suggested me to metamask browser extension. So I did it, sometimes it also feels buggy.

hy. y did not understand. you get HNY or you get LP XDAY-HNY tokens? thank you

If you stake your LP XDAY-HNY tokens at the farm you will get HNY tokens.

2 Likes

Yes, as Berserk said, this is the full process:

• You pool HNY and xDai: you get LP tokens
  • You stake the LP tokens in the farm -> you farm (get) pure HNY.
  • If you want (and you should) you can then sell half of your harvest, pool it again, stake again. This is called compounding, I am writing an article about this.
  • In the meantime your LP tokens should rise in value due to their share in swap fees from Honeyswap.
3 Likes

Hi fellow bees,

If I understand correctly, these are some starter points for people to check if it’s interesting for them to farm:

• Yield farming is only profitable if you’re willing to put a significant sum of money to work;
  • Liquidity pools are configured between two assets in a 50-50 ratio, so you need to own and provide an equal amount of value of both tokens in the pool;
  • Yield farming is not without risk, most likely you are not going to get the same amount of tokens back. This can go both ways: depending on price action and your stake in the pool, your total value of tokens in the pool can both increase or decrease.
  • Yield farming is most profitable when you expect the pricing of the pair not to be volatile (e.g. ranging for a while).
  • In such environments liquidity providers can do well by earning passive income from liquidity provision fees and additional incentive schemes.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Hi @tvdvelden,

Thanks for your reply. Mostly you are correct, but here are some corrections and notes:

Nope. While this might be true for ETH mainnet farms, due to the high transaction fees (especially staking and pooling), it is not true for our xDai Honeycomb farm. It levels the playing field and $100 in the farm will generate the same net % in rewards as $10k, as the total fees willl be less than 0.00001 in both cases.

Yes, you need to LP 50/50. But it’s ok if you only have one (or zero) of the pair as you can easily swap half of what you have for the half that you need on honeyswap.

This is correct and important. Unless one of the tokens goes completely nuts (i.e. x1000 such as YFI) or breaks completely down (value down to zero), then the risk is negligible. Normally the longer you stay in a pool/farm, the better the return as you also accrue pool fees. There will always be impermanent loss (IL), but that is compared to a perfect 100% holding and selling the exact top strategy, which in practice is not possible.

Yes, then you at least minimize the IL. But of course, it also depends on:

• The APY of your farm. Even a volatile pair can award more than a stable coin pair. This of course depends on the funding, how many others are in the same farm etc.
  • The activity in the pool, i.e. how many trade the pair you supplied liquidity to. More activity = more income from fees that might outweigh (or not) the IL.

Yes. And it is even kind of a hedge against big price movements, as long as neither of the pool sides goes crazy in any direction. If one coin goes to zero, you lose everything.

^ Not investment advice, please DYOR

5 Likes

Thanks for your input @Harry. Very much appreciated!

1 Like

Mobile always get bug