Proposal Information

Proposal description:
This proposal will fund four major LINK pools:

• “Daimond Chains” :chains: pool * that holds the LINK-WXDAI pair with 75 HNY
  • “Office Affairs” :office: pool that holds the LINK-WBTC pair with 75 HNY
  • “The Gassy Oracle” :tornado: pool that holds the LINK-WETH pair with 50 HNY
  • “Hive Mind” :honeybee: pool that holds the LINK-HNY pair with 25 HNY

If you didn’t get the last three names:
Office Affairs (BTC = the accountant, LINK = the secretary)
Gassy Oracle (one meaning for the word Ether is air)
Hive Mind (Hive = HNY, and Mind represents the Link between bees in a hive)

Proposal links :

Proposal Rationale
Chainlink has taken the crypto market by storm, and still has an even brighter future ahead of it. LINK is bound to be a top token for a long time, including throughout the coming/present day bull-run. Trading volume for LINK pairs is already immense and likely to increase tremendously as the market matures.

With Honeyswap’s edge over Uniswap (low fees and fast transactions), it could capture a large part of that volume by attracting and incentivising users to trade on the platform.

Also, on a more general note:

Liquidity incentives have proved to be an excellent tool to attract more participants to a network and grow the liquidity of assets involved. For the 1hive community and the Honey token the incentives play a key role to keep experimenting with circular economies. Honeyswap success is coupled to the Honey economy as a portion of every swap fee flows back to the common pool to fund further community proposals.

Expected duration:
The proposal will fund each pool for the first month. The continuity of the farming program will depend on further proposals to pass in conviction voting.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

This is a proposal by rearnakedbloke (Discord/Discourse).

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
not applicable

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of HNY requested: 225 HNY

Ethereum addresses where funds shall be transferred:

0xb8e1dD6FAff8613c49Fa7A99436A7F3415271566 - 75 HNY (LINK / WXDAI)

0xc55Ce1549F640D91BbCa3c2837B717a372fF7cbd - 75 HNY (LINK / WBTC)

0x86991ba851F5aE002B15826C0348E2bDB6D3a89c - 50 HNY (LINK / WETH)

0x0F2B69321DDf6BFC280711134be7ed629Ad2e549 - 25 HNY (LINK / HNY)

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used: The funds will be sent to the UnipoolBalanceProxy contract for the specific pool. Afterwards HNY will start being distributed to staked LPs on every block. LPs can claim their farmed HNY through hny.farm .

3 Likes

@onbjerg @willjgriff @befitsandpiper @Harry @luigy

The funding addresses for LINK / HNY and LINK / WXDAI on the farm site are not the same as the pair addresses on Honeyswap. Is there a step I’m missing?

The funding addresses are not supposed to be the same as the pair addresses, see: Creating a funded farm on Honeycomb under " :arrow_right: Transferring funds from the proposal to the farm"

Also please avoid pinging a lot of people at the same time in the future if possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

the smiley feels makes it so passive aggressive…

PLEASE DON’T HATE ME onbjerg, I didn’t know who would know the answer :joy:

2 Likes

Backed Hive mind. I’m not a big proponent for non-HNY pairs unless they are the cream of the crop high liquidity pairs :ok_hand:

2 Likes

You mean high liquidity in the general market, right?

On Honeyswap specifically, it would be unfair to compare these against the pairs with active farms.

I mean double high liquidity tokens for the crypto market at large yeah. Things like WETH/XDAI, WETH/WBTC, WETH/USDT, I guess LINK is getting up there though :man_shrugging:
it has several billion in market cap.

Cool, cool, cool :ice_cube:

1 Like

To all bees! Remember, we can come to an agreement on the actual amount for each farm.

Feel free to share your thoughts

Technically LINK is higher liquidity than dai also, but dai is a critical coin to the xdai chain. Idk, I’m just sticking with HNY pair at first.

1 Like

Perhaps that’s a good feature to add to farm funding proposals someday.

Allow funding variations within a single proposal, instead of multiple proposals with just a different #

1 Like

@rearnakedbloke can you close the LINK-HNY proposal since there already is an acitve link-hny farm?

also in the farm proposal the following are included…
link/weth - 5HNY
link/xdai - 5HNY

could you take a look at that proposal to see if you can get behind the one proposal we have bundled?

cool :wink:

can we lock this thread