How to target Latin American public, marketing!

As mentioned in my previous post, Latin America should be a priority in terms of marketing. In this post, we will explore the reasons in-depth and Iā€™ll share my personal experience being myself Latino.

The political crisis

Itā€™s not a lie that in Latin America there is a lot of corruption at the governmental level, and governments are complicit with each other, Stealing public money, making illicit deals, breaking the law, are some of the reasons why many of these economies are collapsing.

You can take Venezuela as an example, the government took possession of private companies, and as a consequence, a country rich in oil that produced its own gasoline now has to import oil derivative. This added to the super inflation and blatant thefts by the government and the list goes on.

And like Venezuela, there are more examples, like Argentina, currently attacked by inflation.

A light in the dark

Cryptocurrencies, there is not much to say. Many use them to avoid the devaluation of their currencies, many of us also use them for making investments, many people also have bitcoin and eth farms. Even in my country, many businesses accept them as payment methods.

Crypto growth in Latin America is imminent.

Venezuela itā€™s not on this list because of restrictions to carry out this type of study in the country.

Here you have the 2019 LocalBitcoins volume:

• Venezuela - $305.93M
  • Colombia - $134.22M
  • Peru - $45.54M
  • Hong Kong - $21.73M
  • Chile - $13.84M
  • Argentina - $11.94M
  • Iran - $5.81M
  • Egypt - $1.40M

Growth of LocalBitcoins volume in 2019 vs. 2018

• Egypt - 69.8%
  • Colombia - 59.8%
  • Peru - 47.7%
  • Argentina - 44.7%
  • Chile - 36.3%
  • Venezuela - 33.2%
  • Hong Kong - (18.5%)
  • Iran - (52.1%)

As you can see, these lists are led by Latin countries.

How to reach this market?

As a personal experience, I would like to share that I always liked looking for ways to earn money online, but with all the locks it is very difficult to get something concrete.

One way to reach this group of people is with ā€œearn money or cryptoā€ youtube channels. I think this could help to get new users for the faucet, and new investors for the farm.

Here are some examples of what these channels look like:

If we can get some of these guys to promote 1Hive, the growth is going to be very nice!

Also having a Twitter account in Spanish will help a lot to locate newcomers, so thanks to @Rod @CryptoWonk for taking the initiative!

If you have more ideas on how to reach this group, please let me know and I will update this post!

9 Likes

Awesome work man! I am down with the earn money marketing style to attract more new users.
I have done some researched on ā€œearn free cryptoā€ keywords and it has lots of volume in YouTube.

1 Like

ā€˜ā€˜Earn money onlineā€™ā€™ when I see that on youtube in search bar or in trending Iam get in one sec goosebumps. Now its period of time when someone watching that kind of videos is like someone send you on discord (send me that x amount of btc you get x2 amount of btc back) time is chaning soo fast right now.
I donā€™t know why to pay to someone to promote project when you have twitter/youtube channel where few people are doing videos about honey/1hive also we have chico crypto and ivan tech who spread information about the hive, is to mention very little but I think it has a greater impact because they have strong community with real people not bots like the most of them on youtube have.

2 Likes

You are right dogeking but we are not talking about ā€œearn money onlineā€ we are talking about how to earn crypto (this is the keywords people are searching and they are not bots- these are the people who are trying to get into the crypto world. And freelancers too).

The idea here is not to promote the free money but to promote the 1hive potentials and its features. When these people come to claim honey they get to know more about the 1hive and contribute something to the community. I came in 1hive by seeing some people talking about it on YouTube to claim faucets but stayed here for the low transaction fees and faster payment processing (and even provided some liquidity.

1 Like

Hi @DogeKing , I never said anything about paying these YouTubers, they usually promote this kind of projects without asking for money. Actually if we get exposed enough they will make videos eventually, like chico for example

2 Likes

Im gonna say I found about honeyswap from my friend and from chico videos he make and uploaded on yt.But in most ways ytubers only wants some money for promoting projects but the real ones/whoā€™s trying hard to find good content and want to help to community def gonna do for free.

2 Likes

I like the idea of seeing latin america as an important target but the ā€œget money easy and fastā€ type of marketing imo could really spawn several situations like the one discussed earlier in the cafĆ© meeting where people game and get into the community solely for personal gain - over all bad for culture in the community in general. Just sharing my point of view.

4 Likes

Again, I never said anything about ā€œearning free money or fast moneyā€, I just talked about ā€œearn money channelsā€. The videos I posted are just examples and the idea is to promote 1hive the right way, not only as a faucet, but as a way to invest (the farming for example)

3 Likes

I agree w/ you now that I read this reply haha

2 Likes

Btw, If we reach the right people they will reinvest their faucet profits into the farm :grin: , and also their own money

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you pab. But we are not talking about free money we are just talking about the niche market (it has a lot of volumes- I am talking in the sense of seo). What are people gonna search on YouTube? I donā€™t see a lot of volume in What is honeyswap? because people donā€™t know about honeyswap. We are just trying to bring more protentional users who want to earn money with honeyswap by providing liquidity.

Very good, the truth is that I am new in the community, but what you mention is something very specific and real. As a novice in the field, I think it would be very helpful to also have a social network that keeps us informed in our native language.

The 1Hive bees have made just that! check out the international Discord

Iā€™m thinking the same thing about Brazil, which is the country where I live. Here the number of users redeemed on centralized cryptocurrency exchanges is almost 3 million. Just as a comparison, this is the same number of customers on our Stock Exchange (B3). There are still those who have no record. Brazilians using international Exchanges or P2P operations. Considering the time of crisis and Ethereumā€™s high rates, there is indeed a great opportunity. We estimate that there should be some 5 million potential customers at the moment.

1 Like