# I love Honeyswap airdrop video

I love Honeyswap

Hi fellow Bees ! I’ve been thinking last week about an airdrop option, since i see lot of users are asking for it so I came with this viral video idea … In short i will try to explain what is this proposal about and what will the community get with this proposal.

( I am not asking , nor I am competent to get the HNY needed for this proposal I just want to discuss this together with the admins If everyone likes the idea and they can make the airdrop.)

Who will be qualified and can receive this airdrop ( if proposal is accepted )

• Everyone that provides :
  1. liquidity with at least 0.3 HNY or more at the time of the snapshot will receive the airdrop if he is verified with Bright ID as well.

2. The verified 1hive member also must upload short video saying his name and / or holding paper or saying # I love Honeyswap airdrop.,

The amount of the airdrop would be 0,6 per qualified user…

Furthermore . we can discuss this idea, if you like it guys we can make it happen.

I can work on making a bigger video at the end with all of the videos that you provided on youtube and we will post the final video on the Official Honeyswap channels on YouTube, Twitter and more to create awareness in the cryptosphere about Honeyswap.

The Buzz team can work together on this idea furthermore to make it even more interesting… What do you guys think ?

2 Likes

I don’t think thats a good idea. Personnality, being anonymous in cryptos is a big deal. Posting a video of ourself is not something that people will get behind (i think). There’s already people complaining about the need to be verify with BrightID.

6 Likes

yeah, i agree with @Felix. I mean, we already had the users go through the process to prove they are not bots, why do it again?
also, “faucet is the airdrop” posts incoming, and i do think they got a point
And finally, i think adding the minimum liquidity requirement defeats the airdrop purpose: to distribute honey to small players.

1 Like

I totally agree with this. I don’t like this idea.

What I like of the idea, however, is to drop HNY to people who already have a significant amount of HNY (the author suggested 0.3HNY). This would have some good effects:

1. in order to get the drop, people are incentivised to get/buy/hold HNY. This push up the price.
  2. Especially if these drops are recurrent (but not predictable, i.e., if they are made randomly every ~24 or so), people will have the incentive to hold HNY and not sell it, in order to receive more and more drops.
1 Like

I have 2 issues with your proposal.

1. Setting an airdrop date in the future is in my opinion, an invitation to fraud.
    If the snapshot date is announced, ill-intentioned people will find a way to game the system. For example, verifying a bunch Bright ID accounts and splitting their HNY to several verified LP wallets)
    2.Anonimity is important for me and I believe also for most of the people in the crypto sphere. I am not willing to give that up and it’s not fair for me and other people who might think the same way to miss the airdrop because of it.
2 Likes

While I understand anonymity is important for some people, I do think that Crypto people should not be afraid, because we will look much stronger if we don’t hide ourselves and stand for Crypto to become mainstream. The idea for video clip will just show your face and will create much more credibility into this project IMO.

I agree with the previous comments and do not support this idea at all.

• By staking 0.3 HNY people would get 0.6 HNY (so basically multiplying their holdings by 3)
    That’s $600, there would be thousands of people and bots trying to game the system.
    (bots already try to get 0.01 xDai from the faucet :sweat:)
    The expected consequence is a serious dump right after the airdrop.

• As mentioned by @Felix many people here value anonymity (including me).

Creating promotional videos is not a bad idea in itself. But there’s no need to drain the common pool with a high-value airdrop.

1 Like

sorry for me it’s a bad idea too…
first 0,3 HNY it’s a big amount, 300$ so airdrop will only profit to people who have already money and not to people who whant to start
second : there is already a faucet, and it’s a good way to start, and if people whant more than faucet for free, they can participate to community and receive pollen for that

As all of you pointed above, this will benefit people who already have decent amount of HNY and will not make new people to join.

There is already another proposal to increase the faucet, which has several benefits in order to increase the community. On top of that, we have pollen for additional HNY.

1Hive works because of active participation of community members, Bees,
and us Bees are more than happy to collect our Pollen for participation and sip our Honey drips from the Faucet.

In my understanding an airdrop would violate the spirit of the project.

1 Like

I know that :slight_smile:

@metaverde my idea was more to create awarness into crypto world about honeyswap , we would get more active users since they will need to verify with bright id and also make a short video, they would also need to invest a bit or been here and holding liquidity with 0.3 hny + other curency. So i dont see the problem of pump and dump, its just incentive which is used all around the crypto world. The biggest issue i guess is the anonymity … I wanted to give an idea which i like guys if you dont like it its all good . It’s good to have healthy discussion.

1 Like

It is.

It’s just frustrating for me to see people who can already afford to buy given more when so many people who cannot are contributing so much.

@solarmkd I know you’re not asking for an Airdrop, just you want to discuss about it. Sorry mate we have to stop this airdrop ideas.

We are already giving a lot of free money through Faucet and Pollen, yeah people always ask about it but we have to explain them about what we are providing as a free rewards.

We are moving in a different way.

2 Likes

Exactly, I am also split about the airdrop idea, but since a lot of people were asking for it I was trying to figure out a way that would be a win-win for everyone. But yeah, if there is an airdrop it should not be random and it will need to be done in a smart way .