Since Luke introduced the 1hive radio channel I’ve been sort of brainstorming around that idea; is something that I’m particularly really interested in, so yep, wrote some stuff:
- DAOn to Earth with CurlyBracketEffect
- Crypto news/analysis
- Church hour
- Music events
*Note: Just collected here some of the stuff that was said on the #1hive-radio channel
- Live setting: using our stage channel to broadcast live the shows, receiving constant feedback and engaging with the community.
- Anchor: haven’t used this myself yet but this seems to be the best way to get our podcasts distributed to all major platforms (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, etc) (and it’s free).
- SoundCloud: Putting this here but I don’t think this is a good option, we would have to subscribe as the free user is limited to 3 hours of uploads; and while we could, with a declining user base, isn’t probably worth it, anyways is still an option.
- Audius: This is a relatively new blockchain-based SoundCloud competitor built on mainnet and with their own token, $AUDIO. They’ve been growing nicely and probably a good option.
I think it’s important for us to set certain standarization on the technical side for these projects; this way we can ensure that all episodes have a constant volume, and that any sound engineer can do the job with ease.
I’ve seen that Podcasts tend to be mastered at around -16 LUFS long term and -1dBTP, and I agree with setting that as our standard.
We can do this just because, but this can be more than just for fun.
There are a couple of ways we could earn some money with this as selling ad-space in some of the shows and probably through the Audius platform I mentioned above.
Anyways, I don’t see this being made necessarily to make revenue per se but probably as an extension to buzz’s marketing efforts to spread the word and mantain/increase engagement with the content and activities organized here.
Keeping up with this idea, I recently had a talk with a fellow Spanish-speaking member who confessed he didn’t know much about crypto yet. And if 1hive is a project focused on community, why not planning some activities on educating the bees? I imagine organizing a couple of general crypto leanring calls a month in english but also in spanish being something worth exploring and relevant to our community. (That’s just one example but would we pretty cool to brainstorm some ideas for activities, that could also help us mantain some movement in between announcements, that are usually really slow times.)
We could as well give a couple of cred points for attending some relevant calls as an incentive to also keep engagement rates high(?)
This is an original idea by friΞd
Could be cool to eventually develop a decentralized radio-like platform where the content playing, music or podcasts, etc, is minted as NFTs.
Maybe we aren’t that serious/interested about taking the time to develop towards this area but didn’t wanted to leave this out.
A team that should be in charge of developing and maintaining the shows, with tasks like ensuring every show has what it needs (guests, resources that might need, info for every show, etc)
In order for the content to be distributed we need some people in charge of doing that
If we want to distribute the content the best way possible it’s likely to need some light editing and mastering as mentioned at audio specifications. This should be a relatively easy task, but someone has to do it.
I don’t know if we want this but we could use some sort of intro/outro for the shows, this could be some sort of one-time bounty
I look forward to see what’s the sentiment here for something like this and if there’s people interested in contributing and make this happen