Improve mobile wallet support for 1Hive applications

We would like to thank everyone for the in-detail discussion and your suggestions about this proposal.

As discussed in the chat, the support for this proposal will be sustained even if you decide to move to a L2 network like Arbitrum. The integration is basically an update of one configuration file and users will be assisted inside the Minerva wallet to migrate in an easy way.

Even if not mentioned in the proposal, but definitely planned, is that our marketing efforts will highlight the 1Hive / Honeyswap community, in order to promote your work and grow the community.

The link to our proposal: https://1hive.org/#/proposal/99

Thanks!
puh-honey

2 Likes

hi @tze_42,

Just wondering where the funds going to. I mean who is responsible of holding the funds and distribution of it.

60 hny worth today $ 19,800. is the funding based on USD or hny ?

Can we also get an excel sheet later on showing how the funds been distributed ? ^^&

is the 60 hny going to be the only fund that going to be asked, or there is plan to ask more later on

thanks, best of luck ( ´ ω ` )

Hi, thanks for the questions.

The lab10 collective will hold it and distribute it to the contributing team members (has to be payed mostly in Euro). Yes, there will a weekly contribution report in the form of an excel sheet.

It is based on Euro - max. 3000€/week and recalculated in HNY once per week in order to factor in price changes. If the pool immediately provides 60HNY and the weekly calculated HNY would be valued higher, we return any difference to the pool. If it can be released on a weekly basis, we won’t have that problem anyway.

Regarding - being the only funding round: We don’t plan to have another round and we intend to support also a transition to another network in case 1Hive decides to do that.

I hope that answers it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

thanks. love it (⌒▽⌒)☆

1 Like

I like this , however I do have some thoughts amd questions regarding Minerva wallet :slight_smile:

1. What is the plan for auditing Minerva wallet
  2. What are the key features Minerva wallet will offer that Alpha Wallet or Burner Wallet doesn’t right now ?
  • one of those should be adding honeyswap support and bridge support, but i would like to learn more thoughts from you …
  1. Are you planning to partner with 1hive and if so are you planning to give airdrops in future to our members ?

Overall i love the idea to have dedicated decentralized wallet and your team as support. I just need to understand what 1hive will get from this as opposed to Alpha Wallet and Burner wallet… Thanks

2 Likes

Good morning!
Thank you for your questions.
ad 1) We plan to crowdsource that task and incentivise it with coins. Audits are sometimes ridiculously overpriced for the work which is done and even if you spend the money they are hard to get. Therefore we expect better quality from people which really care about Minerva and want to use it themselfs.

ad 2) We love both projects and have a close working relationship with them. Especially with AlphaWallet we have close ties and we help each other - e.g. currently with the WalletConnect support for xDai Chain.

Some key differences: Burner Wallet or our clone Minerva.cash (for ARTIS) are browser wallets and while convenient, also unsecure, because your private key is in the browser storage. Therefore the comparison between Minerva Wallet and AlphaWallet is more suitable. I will provide a more elaborate list of features on our Minerva docs page, but to make it brief regarding key features distinctive to the Minerva wallet - here a list from the top of my head:

• OmniBridge and Tokenbridge support
  • xDai, ETH, USDT, USDC, DAI purchase with Fiat
  • One wallet (seed phrase) with many accounts and their own (exportable) private key in one UI
  • Clear separation of testnets from mainnets using different accounts
  • Faucet integration to use for newbee trainings in a testnet environment
  • Easy onboarding in a few minutes - download till first transaction
  • Multi-Session WalletConnect integration allow interaction with many DApps simultaneously
  • W3C standardized Decentralized Identity (DID) and Verifiable Credential (VC) support for authentication, authorization, tickets, memberships, etc.
  • Honeyswap integration is done via WalletConnect - on mobile only via deep links and in a mixed setting via QR code.

ad 3) Yes, partnering with 1Hive could make a lot of sense for us. Not just with Minerva, but especially with ARTIS where we plan to open a liquidity pool on Honeyswap. If you provide the option of liquidity mining incentivised with other tokens than HNY, this could be very interesting for many other projects as well. Once we get closer to that option we could talk about a token swap as well. Airdrops (=giving out for free) are not planned, but incentivised community support is a valid option for us.

I hope the reply wasn’t too long :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation , it sounds good to me.

1 Like

@solarmkd we have prepared a more in depth comparison of the Minerva Wallet with the AlphaWallet at: https://docs.minerva.digital/comparisons/alphawallet

2 Likes

@boring877 @solarmkd @metaverde @willjgriff @crisog @luigy @Stonky @PeterTheOne @seliqui … and everyone else not mentioned her.
Thank you and all others for the support of this proposal.
It just went through and as soon as we have finished the current tasks, we will dive into the tasks described above. This will likely start next week on Monday, Jan. 25, 2021.
Talk to you in Discord, Thomas

5 Likes