Minerva Mobile Wallet - Support for Crucial Features
The vision of 1Hive is to be a free, fair, open and human community, funding public goods.
Minerva (Android / Kotlin), which is an open source multi-chain wallet for moneys and identities, fits that vision and has been developed from the ground up over the last 1.5 years. It was funded via various grants and customer projects and we have just recently enabled the main network support for xDai Chain, Ethereum, ARTIS ∑1 and POA Core (see Tweet).
We are adding features on a weekly basis and have a very tight roadmap ahead of us and will keep that up as long as funds will carry us forward. We will soon also work on a Google Play Store listing, which we just didn’t have time to do yet. The port towards iOS will be done once the UI has stabilized and feature completeness is in sight.
Minerva supports many test and main networks as long as they are EVM based and there are discussions with Connext (cross-chain state channels) and we also follow the development of L2 Rollups.
We think that the 1Hive community could benefit very much from a good native mobile wallet support, closely connected to the development of its platforms.
- Open up to a much broader new user base, having only smart phones and no computers.
- No need for unsafe browser plug-ins, connect to websites via WalletConnect.
- Easy on-boarding | setup in 2-3 min. and risk free learning on test chains
- Direct fiat on-ramp to xDai | no need to get Dai on Uniswap and move it over the bridge to the xDai Chain.
- Bridge integration avoiding costly mistakes | people are often not tech savvy and so far failed to claim more than 15,000 of their xDai: “unclaimedDiff”:128,“unclaimedBalance”:“15709.710237089989809642”
- Built in DID and Verifiable Credential support, allowing unique authentication without the use of on-chain tokens.
- Upcoming NFT support in order to address this rapid growing market on many chains.
There are (to my knowledge) currently four mobile wallets working with xDai Chain:
- Minerva - Native xDai support; Token & WalletConnect support in progress
- AlphaWallet - Native xDai and token support; Tokenbridge integration, WalletConnect support in progress
- Metamask Mobile - Configurable xDai support, no WalletConnect for xDai Chain
- Status - Native xDai and token support (not sure), no WalletConnect integration
Therefore, we would like to propose that we help each other to gain traction for our activities and developments. The following functionalities are likely critical to be included to Minerva in order to get the best support for 1Hive applications and in the course of action make HNY more valuable:
- Tokenbridge and Omnibridge integration in order to bridge all sorts of tokens
- Automated token discovery on Ethereum and xDai Chain
- Private Key Export for applications which don’t support WalletConnect
The integration of WalletConnect and purchase of xDai token with fiat, via Ramp.Network is already planned and partially done.
While it is a no-brainer to use the low transaction fees on xDai Chain for trades and other applications, it seems to be pretty hard to on-board new users. Our solutions builds on the following pillars:
- Simplify getting new-crypto users up to speed
- Reduce pitfalls and confusion with tokens and bridges
- Simplify direct purchasing of xDai
Easy on-boarding means more users and more users means more activity benefiting the 1Hive community HNY pool filled from Honeyswap. Furthermore, having a good mobile wallet support for the xDai Chain in general will likely attract more applications and consequently more activity benefiting the 1Hive community including the demand for HNY.
Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
The implementation will take about 1-1.5 months (about 3-4.5 FTE work).
Team Information (For Funding Proposals)
Names, usernames, and/or relevant social links for team members (Twitter, Github, 1Hive Forum, etc.):
The lab10 collective is a non-profit cooperative from Austria and the following members are part of the Minerva team:
Thomas | PO | 1Hive Forum: @tze_42 | Twitter: @tze42
Didi | Dev | Github: @d10r
Markus | Testing | Twitter: @seliqui_at
Peter | Dev | Github: @petertheone
We do the heavy lifting for the implementation together with the company BinarApps from Poland.
Olena | PM
Dominik | Design
Jakub | Dev
Witold | Dev
Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
What are some of your skills or related experience that might help inform HNY holders about your ability to execute on your proposal
The Minerva app can be tested via the latest .APK and we look forward to get as much feedback as possible from the early users of Minerva. This should also give HNY holder a good understanding about our skills as well as determination. We also have developed a web wallet based on the famous Burner Wallet called Minerva Cash connected to the ARTIS blockchain.
We have started the ARTIS blockchain network and look forward to list the xATS token on Honeyswap. We run a Validator for the xDai Chain and are also one of the bridge operators. On the client side we develop the Honey Badger consensus integration for the OpenEthereum client, which will e.g. solve the problem of front-running and MEV.
On Dec. 12, we started the ZeroAlpha always-on-sale NFT market on xDai Chain and we are currently preparing the launch of 7 Energy - a platform to form and administrate energy communities as defined by the EU.
Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)
Amount of HNY requested:
We estimate 4 weeks of development work to integrate bridge support, automated token discovery and private-key export.
Requested Amount: 15 HNY | max. 3000€ per week (weekly payouts)
Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:
We will provide a weekly progress report on the proposed features and every new implemented feature can be tested immediately via the latest provided .apk package.