Lets brainstorm ideas for future projects on 1Hive

Hey Guys i took few days off ,and came up with the idea to open this thread ,was thinking a lot about what does 1Hive need to do, or generally what does xDai network ecosystem must have to attract more users .

So what better place to discuss this then on our Discourse… I came up with few connected product ideas.

1st idea : Think its a must due to ignorance of Metamask, a wallet, special xdai bee wallet built by the Bees, secured by xDai stakers or Honey stakers maybe both…One is Sybil resistant the other one is processing power.

The idea of the wallet is that You should be to be able to pay at coffee shops, restaurants, online shopping etc but also with wallet you could be staking Honey Tokens much like a piggy bank and maybe add option to check Honeyswap Liquidity pairs or farms We could get some contracts done with restaurants etc using some other apps like reward apps etc.Probably we will need to make partnership to be able to make contracts for shopping and payments.

Why do i think xDai is perfect for shopping, gas fees and speed of processing, what else do you need…

2nd Idea :, I think this one is easier to implement.

Visual widgets for tipping streamers on Twitch, Theta.tv, Dlive and others,

This i think will also promote Honeyswap and xDai instantly for massive adoption.

Imagine you watch your favorite streamer and he gets all the money you want to tip instead just 50% with some limits by the centralized platforms… Maybe also we could make a streaming blockchain , duuuh I dream too much, but dare to dream they say…

3rd Idea : Application for payment in restaurants, online shopping with xDai , connected with the Bee Wallet, there must be also special application for the Shop owners kinda xDai POS system i know its complicated but its doable.

This will make xDai mainstream, lets face ETH 2 will not be so good as xDai, and im not so optimistic about those rollups either. Either way we need to build the ecosystem in our way, together …

Hope this thread will open appetite for some fruitful discussions, lets get that Honey spreaded everywhere.

9 Likes

host a platform for NFTs on the xdai chain?
this would give users a cheaper way of minting, selling, trading artwork and the market for NFTs is growing very fast. Someone let me know if this proposal is stupid, I’m no programmer lol

7 Likes

I remember seeing in the news a couple of months ago, a guy did a crypto treasure hunt in the states somewhere. He made QR code stickers with a wallet address and put 100 around the city containing different amounts of monero, a total of $1000 worth across the stickers. It was on the TV news here in New Zealand and that was in states so that’s pretty damn good world wide coverage, could be fun too

2 Likes

I like the tipping idea, where we could tip users for content they do, having like a tip system would be awesome, which shouldnt only be limited to websites in my opinion. I think it has been discussed before in one of our cafe meetings, but to put the idea on the forums; We could integrate a way to tip through Discord aswell, for example tipping to people who worked hard on creating a video related to Honeyswap. Or someone who did amazing artwork. This idea of having a whole tipping ecosystem is a nice incentive, and would result in more engagement and motivation from more contributors. Which would eventually lead to 1Hive growing even more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great ideas. I like the wallet. It could be a non-technical interface to the upcoming HNY farm, so once you have HNY in your wallet, 50% of it will automatically be switched to xDai, it will be added to the pool and the LP-tokens will be staked. If we can create something that makes farming easy, we will attract a lot of new users and farmers (especially as the fees are virtually non-existent)

Let’s collect ideas as many as we can and at a certain moment we can decide which ideas we want to pursue.

Some more IRL ideas:

• Merchandise/HNY store: Would be great to have a shop that sells physical goods: from HNY Hoodies to Bee-caps to actual jars of HNY flavoured honey! Of course they should be able to accept HNY.
  • The Bee fund. Actual real life bees are threatened in most countries. What most people do not realize is that this directly impact a large part of our food supply. So we could set up a charity/NGO that focuses on bee-preservation. For example Liquidity providers could check a box in order to donate their trading fees to this.
3 Likes

I like the bee fund part. I don’t know if the merch store is something that we can look forward to at this stage but rather something that would probably be better to take care of once this project reaches a much wider audience. Am I making sense?

I actually love and was thinking myself about this same idea , since I am proud owner of TCG cards from a game Gods Unchained I have put lot of efforts in understanding the Non Fungible Tokens NFTS, which are much more suited to be used on xDai network then on Ethereum Main net because of the obvious gas fees that you have to pay there for the transfer.

Xdai NFTS Marketplace would be nice and Im sure some of the programs starting on xDai are already counting on it, 1Hive can be great place for trading NFTS since we are already big community.

Other projects that i know and are into NFTS is Shenanigans which can compliment 1hive so much in this direction.

1 Like