Marketing: Are Emails Dead?

Hey folks! Been a while since I dropped a marketing topic on the forum so here is another one for you! I have catching up with all the efforts made across the Buzz swarm and there has been a lot happening! Fantastic work from EVERYONE!

I just wanted to know your opinion on a potential email marketing campaign as well as the rest of the efforts being made. Iā€™m sure we all have an life outside of 1Hive and not every one can always be active on the Discord or Discourse, so setting up some kind of email subscription service to receive updates would be cool! Iā€™m not sure if 1Hive have access to the user base from the discourse forum but this would be an ideal place to start.

These updates could be ANYTHING related to 1hive! You could email b2b, individuals, influencers etc.

Emails would typically include:

• Introduction to 1Hive
  • Follow up / Engagement emails
  • New and old blog posts updates
  • New updates
  • Quick Tips And Tricks
  • Inform about our different channels
  • An Outlook to what is coming up
  • An insight into the future.
  • Invitations to events, webinars
  • Ask Questions ( Surveys)
  • Answer questions

Thanks for reading!

4 Likes

I really like the idea. I would like to hear other peopleā€™s thoughts as this seems to require a lot of overhead to manage, do we have the bandwidth?, I am unsure.

Well, great idea actually. But unfortunately e-mails are forced to die. Why?
Because with the recent developments in spamming detection, it is almost impossible to make your e-mail reach to the inbox of most people. The mail system should be a reliable one, for instance. Otherwise, even if people subscribe to your e-mail list, the mail may not find them.
And reliable mass e-mail services have been rather costly as far as I know.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s important to have somebody dealing with official emails and creating email campaigns through subscriptions, this is still IMO important part of the marketing and can inform people that are using emails more often. On the other in reality more and more people are accustomed using social media for those kind of public information. but we may have in future need for email subscriptions too and some kind of Human relations communication person who will create and send emails and make email campaigns, weekle letters about project updates etc.

All in one i like all of the mentioned there @HoneyB and I think it will help us inform more efficiently.

Iā€™m not a fan of unsolicited emails no matter how amazing the product.

Nice to hear all your thoughts on this!

Huh I really dont know what to say about this kind of topic but from my view in example my region that strategy with emailing like 1k/10k people - ( we have promotion/ we have discount and etc - real examples from few emails I got) I think that time is over. Now everyone using social medias where they can see every info they need.
At this time social medias are the big KEYS in promoting something thats my opinion.

1 Like

I guess the question is, what platforms do people actually get information they act on. Meaning, when you see a post from fb, an Ad, an email, etc do you actually click on any of these Ads? I usually avoid them like the plague and assume they are a virus/scam.

For example, I may act if I hear a youtuber who unprompted talks about something but as soon they start their interview or obvious Ad I skip it. Does anyone watch those things?

1 Like

I was just watching Atomic Shrimp, a low key email scambuster, and one of the things he says ad infinitum is ā€œNever click on links in emailsā€.

1 Like

Yes, emails are dead. Its 2020.

I wont be opening emails and reading them, at most I would read the subject line and delete it. I dont even read my work mails.

1 Like