Marketing: Ask me Anything (AMA)

Hi everyone. I want to share here one idea that arised some days ago at #Buzz in Discord, but which finally was forgot in the shadows. :man_technologist:

I’m talking about ‘‘Ask me Anything’’ (AMA), probably most of you know what it is, but for the ones that don’t, it is a very common event within Crypto world, usually carried out in Youtube or Telegram channels, among other social networks, where everyone can ask everything they want about one project and some of the project founders or managers will answer them.

During the 3 years I’ve been inside this Crypto world I have been in a lot of them, I can assure AMAs are very useful and interesting for both the project and potential customers/users, I know their power and I actually believe we can reach a lot of people with them.

So, in my opinion, we should consider the possibilty of carrying out some of them in the near future.

We would just need 2-3 volunters from Seed or Fauna (as I think they would be the ones that could answer the inquiries in a faster and better way) that are willing to participate.

I know some famous Telegram and Youtube channels that are used to organize this type of events quite frequently, so I think we could arrange to make some of them very easily. If you also have any ideas of places where we should arrange some of them, please share your thoughts. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards, Aitor

Where do you think we should carry out the first AMA?
  • YouTube
  • Telegram
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

Do you think we should give HNY rewards for AMA participants in order to increase the engagement? (In any way, if the resut is yers, later we will discuss about how)
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

List of Fauna/ Seed volunteers:
@Rayne
@D0SH
@lkngtn
@rperez89

Techincal Stuff:
@solarmkd
@CryptoWonk

11 Likes

I think this is an excellen idea. I’ve only been here for roughly 3 weeks, but as a Fauna member I would love to help, as much as I can.

2 Likes

I can talk peoples ear off and i got a channel :eyes: but i think some of the other fauna/seed would be best suited for this. If you guys want help I’m more then willing to record the convo and upload it on youtube, or we can do some kind of live event and record it and anyone can post.

2 Likes

A great idea that I myself support is that it is definitely necessary to hold this type of event maybe on period 5/6 time in year(where everyone can see/ what devs are planing to do next/ new updates and stuff like that).In my opinion, the best possible platform with a well-done ad in advance(on twitter/telegram channel) is youtube.Where we can attract a lot of people from crypto world on youtube who do not know about discord and discourse here.

1 Like

An AMA is exactly what we need this time around. Consider doing one in the /r/cryptocurrency subreddit since most Honeyswap users are there. A lot of potential users sitting there.

We have over 10k HNY hodlers! :honey_pot::honey_pot::honey_pot::honey_pot::honey_pot::honey_pot::honey_pot::honey_pot::honey_pot::honey_pot:

At the time of writing Blockscout shows 10290 Addresses (right below the token address in the top left portion of the screen) :tada:

Would be a great time for an AMA as well as a recap on where we’ve come from (great synopsis here), where we’re at (10k HNY hodlers!), and what’s next (how to contribute to the swarms :honeybee:).

What would be the best channel to host the AMA (Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, etc…) and how much notice should we give so that people can prepare questions and stuff (thinking maybe a week or so)?

3 Likes

Also, another idea, could we / should we have a HNY airdrop for AMA participants? :helicopter: :honey_pot:

Kind of a two part question:

• Would a HNY airdrop incentivize the kind of contributions/attention we want? Seems like it could create buzz and incentivize participation, but we also want to make sure that questions/comments are thoughtful/productive vs spam to earn HNY. Maybe the HNY distributions could be weighted by which questions got the most upvotes, emoji reactions, or replies?
  • Then, if we think it’s a good idea, is it technically feasible? The limitations of various mechanisms such as SourceCred, the CCtip bot, etc… might affect the platform we want to host the AMA on.

Ultimately, however, I think the main thing is determining which platform would be best for engagement, then if/how we could amplify that engagement via HNY rewards.

The buzz and pollen swarms can probably weigh in here with more expertise. If you have ideas or insights please share! :honeybee: :rosette:

1 Like

Nice, thank you everyone for your contributions.
Due to the different proposals, I have added 2 polls to the post, so please vote :blush:
If you think I should add more polls about something relating the AMAs, please comment it.
I also added a list with the people from Seed/Fauna that have volunteered to participate in the AMA as the ones answering the questions, @Rayne and @D0SH, thank you guys :laughing:.
(@lkngtn and @rperez89 I also added you because you said on Discord that you were available for it as well, but if you changed your opinion just tell me :relaxed:)

I think it will just create sell pressure. There are plenty of ways for people who are interested in the project to actually acquire Honey.

Someone would probably need to hold the funds and distribute them regardless of the mechanism. If we distribute using tip.cc then someone would still need to tip using their own funds or funds they have acquired through a proposal.

Alternatively one could make a merklized airdrop and deploy a contract for it, but it seems like a bit much for an AMA.

People who would participate in the AMA without an airdrop are people that are already interested or on the fence. Adding an airdrop will probably just attract lower quality questions and create sell pressure, at least that is my general intuition.

We have faucet, cred, and farming. Not sure we need more airdrop incentives. We want to grow the community out and keep inflation low enough for hny to go up against BTC not just the usd.

1 Like

I totally agree, I think if we try to amplify the engagement of the AMA via HNY rewards it will be counterproductive, but we have the poll so we just need to vote and we will see the results :hugs:

Reading through the yEarn newsletter and they’re using a Google form to capture questions ahead of time. Might be something to consider as well as another way for people to submit questions but don’t have an account on the AMA platform

Great idea dude!
Come on guys, vote, we need more votes to get an actual representation of what the community wants regarding the AMAs we are doing. :blush: :hugs:

1 Like

Nice idea, I reckon if the volunteers are willing being on video would help bring the project to the people and make it personable. I appreciate though that has added security risks though. If not video then a podcast would be cool, lastly for me would be a text only format ( I don’t find that very reassuring when trying to get to know a new project personally). A multi hosted video with volunteers picking out live questions from a feed would be cool with a bit of banter between them would be my ideal, which would be linked to by all the social media outposts.

Hi everyone :blush:! The polls have already 14 votes, I think we cant start carrying this out, we should not postpone it anymore. As you can see, the idea of doing it at Youtube is the one that got more support, so our first AMA will be conducted at this platform.

I have already created a Google form where people can start sending us their questions: https://forms.gle/8iyTWbLE2iQQUA7n6

Firstly, we should arrange when are we going to make it, I think that we would need at least 2 weeks for advertising it in the social media where we are present. As @Rayne, @D0SH , @lkngtn and @rperez89 you are the volunteers that will answer the questions at the AMA, please choose the date and time that better fits you, so we can start promoting it!

If anyone have any suggestion, please feel free to add it! Thank you :honeybee: :honey_pot:

2 Likes

I agree that YouTube (shudder grimace hiss) is an excellent forum for AMA.

None of what’s mentioned are actually airdrops, to be clear.

It’s not an airdrop though is it?

The poll about giving HNY rewards for AMA participants gave us a clear ‘‘No’’ result, so I think we are not doing it (unless results change unexpectedly haha :laughing:)

Hey mates :blush:, yesterday I talked with @D0SH and he convinced me that we should do it next week from Wednesday to Sunday, in order that we can also have someone from Badger answering questions, so it will be a 1Hive & HoneySwap + Badger AMA :honeybee: :honey_pot: :badger:.

I have been thinking about the time that I think would be ideal from an audience perspective taking into account the main countries fromm which we have users and I arrived to the conclussion that the best one would be at 19:00 UTC/GMT +1. I don’t really think there is one day way better than others from an audience point. So in my opinion you 3 guys(@D0SH , @lkngtn , @rperez89 can choose any day from Wednesday 11th to Sunday 15th at 19:00 UTC/GMT +1 that better fits you, please think about it and let me know :laughing:

I also want to tell you that yesterday we talked about creating an AMA team and a callendar, I want to welcome @solarmkd to this ‘‘swarm’’, who volunteered himself for helping with the technical stuff :hugs: and proposed to make a schedule of future AMAs in a calendar. I’m working on
a Google Doc that will collect all the info regarding the AMA team so we have everything more or less stated :man_technologist:

1 Like