Marketing Idea: Oh No! Not another one from Honey B!

Hey folks so here we are again with another bright idea on how we can try attract users who are wanting to join 1hive and Honeyswap growing community! (Oh dear not another another one from the Honey B!) Just here me out - it may work, or may not but worth a shot!

SO! Lets begin with the Faucet! Firstly this is growing MASSIVLY! Every one loves a good freebie and that’s awesome that we allow current and new users to claim Honey just for being a human and showing interest - but lets take it up a notch! Not only should the Faucet be a place to get ‘free money’ - but also a place to market our product - ALL FROM THIS SAME PAGE as well. Current users and NEW users are attending this page daily to come and collect their HNY, ( in some cases some this is the ONLY page they interact with ) so we need to make sure we ( as a project ) are taking advantage. The page is being USED DAILY and so marketing from here may just be the trick!

We need to have appealing action points that drive people to USE the HNY they receive -so we need add a few 'news points
 Here are is an examples of how we could upmarket other news, features and other things so people actually use the HNY they receive ( yes I know its not a large amount at first but over time - they may gain enough ) to actually at least consider using it rather than ‘dumping’ it.

Let me know what you think!

24 Likes

I love this idea @HoneyB and no you are not boring :slight_smile: you are welcome to share your ideas every time , if the community think those ideas are beneficial then they can be implemented.

I love how you intend to use the sidebar and inform the 1hive.org visitors with the newest content. It can be article, announcement,blog post or even an interview or a video.

4 Likes

awh thanks for the encouragement dude! Much appreciated!

And yes - that is exactly how I would love to see it be used, rather than a collection point only!

Thank you for taking a moment to read it friend!

1 Like

Great idea. Converting traffic and funneling users to Honeyswap should be our top priority. Especially since the community is growing and interest is constantly going up.

I would suggest something similar to “Sign up” call to action buttons traditional businesses use. A blunt example would be “Trade and stake your HNY tokens on Honeyswap straight from your wallet!”. Monetary incentives have a high impact on people. With staking and farming, we actually have two on top of the free tokens from the faucet. Even if they want to dump HNY for something else, they will need to use Honeswap and realize how awesome it actually is.

As long as numbers keep going up adoption won’t be a problem.

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan! I love how you’ve put it > Converting traffic and funnelling users
+1!

2 Likes

Nice idea man I need to congrats to you for this idea you came up. This scatch you made is :+1:
Most used site faucet and where all traffic is we can redirect that traffic to other sites for honey/forum or something like that.

2 Likes

I think the new set is awsome great job

1 Like

As always, it is a delight to read your marketing proposals @HoneyB, they are all rough diamonds, so don’t hesitate to share all of them dude :slight_smile:

I really like this one, I was thinking the same some days ago, that we should squeeze better the faucet, and this idea you just wrote with that sidebar you designed looks amazing! I certainly think we should deploy it!
Regards, Aitor

1 Like

This is a great idea also. Using the side bar as you have above makes a lot of sense and would help drive traffic to our points of interest. Great job!!!

2 Likes

Love the idea @HoneyB who do you have in mind to code the changes?

1 Like

This proposal makes so much sense

It’s one of those “obviously good” ideas that become “obvious” only after some smart guy spells them out.

Thanks @HoneyB ! :honeybee: :honeybee: :honeybee:

Edit: let me just add that currently the Faucet drops every 48hours. It actually makes sense to increase this to one drop every 24hours (of course half of it), precisely to drive visitors daily to this page. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love this idea!!
I think we should really discuss what things to add to the faucet as it is a crucial onboarding route for newbees. For example, adding a tab with “useful link” like the xdai faucet, or the omnibridge, maybe the xdachain page.
Good work @HoneyB

1 Like

I think this is a good idea. Would be nice to have the social media links added to the faucet page as well as maybe a rectangle somewhere showing the twitter feed? Could also be good to add an extra paragraph involving subjects like how people can get on board and contribute to the community to earn pollen. (maybe this last part doesn’t need to be exactly this and could be a section that shows the pinned threads of the forum, whatever we think is best)

2 Likes

Awesome dude, great idea and I cant believe the faucet has been going for weeks now and nobody has thought of this :joy: this is why we need you and your marketing brain to stick around!

1 Like

That side bar could potentially be a carousel like a slide show that hosts an internal ad for a few seconds and then shows a another one. Cool thought @HoneyB

1 Like

This is a great idea to show what we have in store for them not simply claiming from the faucet. It can use use to display current Hny holders as well. Great idea @HoneyB.

1 Like

I agree this is a really nice idea. We’ve talked about this a couple of times on a few CafĂ© calls: the intended effect of the faucet is that people get interested in 1hive and want to join the community. That is also why you don’t get Honey immediately but you have to show up again as this is a basic way of gauging interest.

A lot of community members have said that they originally came for the Faucet but stayed for the community and the projects. I think this proposal - having a sort of “community spotlight” - might boost this effect.

I sort of disagree with people on only wanting to funnel people to Honeyswap. 1hive is much more than Honeyswap, so I think we want to try and move people towards 1hive as a whole.

This brings up an interesting question - who gets to decide what is on this community spotlight?

7 Likes

Hey! Thank you for the feedback.

I also would like to see this idea being used to attract users different aspects of the 1hive - not only honey swap.

In terms of what gets chosen (and how), I haven’t thought that far lol! I was thinking what ever is trending at the time + latest update but we will see How far we get. I’m happy to see that the majority are in favour of this idea!

Thank you all!

2 Likes

Love the Idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is brilliant! :+1:

I can suggest a simple implementation of 2 buttons below claiming section of the faucet UI.
They will show other ways of contribution to 1hive community. Here is a quick and raw sketch of how i think it could look:

Something like this, but with better copy and design could be nice and pretty easy to implement quickly.

4 Likes