Morphosis Journal [CryptoArt / Dev N00b Journal]

I’m an artist and a marketer, with some basic knowledge of ETH, and I’m excited about learning through the Morphosis course, so I can get a handle on solidity, and hack together some basic projects.

This journal is a public accountability ledger for me, so I can create an organized narrative of what I’m exploring and learning in the course.

I’m going to start off with a couple of goals that I’d like to achieve before the end of the course:

https://forum.1hive.org/t/morphosis-ethereum-developer-course

• I’d like to complete each lesson, with a journal entry within this thread that explores each subsegment of the course - as well as any links to external information and thoughts. Hopefully this increases my comprehension.

• Fork Dripp.farm, and launch a project on xdai.

• Find a way to Mint, create and manage NFTs / ERC 20s.

• Create a Daohaus Minion.

• Execute a Collab-land Bot application for Tiered Guild Structures

• Create a Custom Gnosis Safe function / call

.:.

This is mostly for my own comprehension, and to attempt to commit to completing the course, and finding out the answers to these goals.

5 Likes

[Week 1 Topic Outline From: 🦋 Morphosis: Ethereum Developer Course]

### Week 1 - Ethereum Fundamentals

In this lecture, we will do an overview of the core Etherum concepts important during development. We will use eth.build and remix to stick to the basics and understand the fundamentals.

• Ethereum high-level overview
  • eth.build overview
  • Addresses
  • Signatures
  • Transactions
  • Ethereum Virtual Machine
  • Remix overview
  • Abstract Binary Interface
  • Smart Contracts

Cheers man, looking forward to hearing about your journey!

1 Like

Hey this is a great way to document your journey. I am also fairly new to open source, programming and would be great to see how your journey progresses.

1 Like

Thanks for saying hello.

1 Like

Yea, I think some parts I’ll be able to pick up on, and others will be more requiring attention and more studies.

I am glad this course is happening, because there are a handful of ideas I’ve wanted to do, which I’m pretty sure are very simple solidity things, but it all looks greek to me.

Hoping this will give me 101, and the journal will help me finish the training.

2 Likes

Thank you for your sharing. I like learning and new

1 Like

Yesterday, I went through a lot of the reading and watching parts of the first lesson.

Basically, it was reading through the Ethereum.org fundamentals site:

They have a lot of neat illustrations on that site.

I knew a lot of this stuff, in a more abstract sense, but ended up firming up a few things in my understanding.

For instance:

• Mining is a way that Proof of Work computers, solve cryptographic hash puzzles by figuring out which nonce helps solve the conditions for the hash for that particular block.

• A Merkel Tree is like an organized set of hashes, that sub-divide a lot of information within a structure that is organized by sequences of hashes. This is basically what I’ve been using to pirate audiobooks for years.

The magnet hash = a root hash, and then the root hash has these derivations which go down in sequence, so that I can download different file pieces represented by different hashcode, and then the merkel tree can organize their assembly on my end.

ETH uses merkel trees to organize larger applications / transaction batches - I think.

I also started watching the ETH.Build Videos.

Austin has solid enthusiasm. And breaks down difficult issues more easily with the visual environment.

• Yesterday I went throught he videos about blockchain structure, with the whole root <- child structure.
  • I also went through the bit about cryptography and messages that are encoded using a private key - though I need to do some practice work with that today to firm up my understanding.

I sort of reached a point toward the end of the day yesterday, where I had met my limit of understanding. Like I didn’t want to absorb any more information on the subject.

Today I’m feeling like I can handle more, and so I’ll start off with the ETH.Build applied lessons, and watch more of those videos.

I still haven’t watched Gabi’s video for the week, but I think if I do the assignments first, then I think the video will make more sense.

It was nice to get totally absorbed in this information yesterday.

Wow, I’ve been through a lot today.

I basically went on a deep dive through the ETH Developer site information on Smart Contracts. I did all of the reading associated with the Morphosis course for week one, and tomorrow, I’ll watch Gabi’s video and then experiment with the tasks in Remix.

Hopefully I’m able to execute it by Sunday in time for next week’s lesson.

The most exciting things I learned today are about 3:

• I think I’d actually like to learn Vyper more than Solidity.

The thing here is that when I looked through “Vyper By Example”, I actually got a hold on what was happening when I was reading through the contracts.

I needed to read through them a couple of times, but each time, I understood a bit more, and came away from it feeling like there was more readability - which is the point.

I don’t have python coding experience or javascript, so either way is sort of moot.

• I can just use Remix and Eth.Build to work together and figure out the basics for how things will be structured for the solidity end of things.

This is exciting, becaues I won’t have to start everything from scratch, and this makes me feel hopeful that even though I’m learning this stuff, and it’s like greek, I may be able to find my way into creating the sorts of dapp experiments for my art projects that I’m interested in creating - which is a hopeful feeling.

If I can just get enough of a sense for what solidity / vyper is, and how to build using Open Zeppelin, or scaffold-eth, then I may be able to make it far enough to work out a minimalist front end, and launch a site.

I also found a link for the Ethernaut series, on the Morphosis Discord, I think, – which is basically like a gamified way of finding common smart contract vulnerabilities.

I’m overwhelmed, but I’m discovering that the culture of ETH has really gone out of its way to make this stuff accessible and safe for people to follow, and try to build with the pre-existing lego pieces.

Which is promising.

1 Like