Nifty.Ink on 1Hive

Austing Griffith launched a pretty cool project on xDai last month - Nifty.ink
You can draw whatever you like, mint it, own it, sell it, trade it. It’s basically a preview for what’s to come with NFTs.

I’d like to propose connecting Nifty.Ink to 1Hive.org and Forum.1hive.Org. For example - I own this beautiful piece of art - https://nifty.ink/ and I could have that as my profile picture on, for example, 1Hive forum.

We should get Austin on this ASAP as well! This increases the use case of Nifty.Ink. Users will be able to change their profile pictures to any Nifty art, at any time.

6 Likes

Sounds cool! and I also love nifty.ink, I made this the other day https://nifty.ink/QmWPyKLCmMmzqzbeeqN7Kr8LdvVTfATxAXboQDb7QLnNmr

That said, have you talked to Austin about this? Is he interested? How would the requested honey be used to make this happen?

2 Likes

Sounds way cool! I like it

I DM-ed him on Twitter and he said neat!

And he also wants to know how he can support it other than with his measly 0.25 hny :smiley:

I’m not that well versed with Smart Contracts or Solidity, I coordinate this and keep in touch with Austin to see what will be neccesary for this integration and push things towards implementation.
Also get xDai community behind the idea.

10 :honeybee: is for the funding of external developers from the nifty side
Rest :honeybee: for the coordination

4 Likes

I think 15 HNY is a lot for development of this feature, but at the same time, I’m not even sure how feasible it is since the forum is running Discourse, so we would presumably need to fork Discourse and maintain that fork.

It doesn’t seem trivial and I’m unsure if the functionality is worth the effort.

2 Likes

We should team up here, we’ve just created the STAKEhaus for funding anything/everything xDAI related. We actually have a request to make Nifty.ink more awesome and Austin is a involved. Woohoo :partying_face:

3 Likes

I’m not that well versed with Solidity, but if someone has free time with whom I can build this, it would be awesome!

Article after development on how to use it will be on me :wave:

2 Likes

I would suggest a lower amount for this feature though, seems like a cool feature but mostly for the lolz.

Also have you confirmed that @Austin wants to work on this before requesting the funds ? I know he’s super busy with ETHonline and all the things so would make sense to get commitments from the team of people who are going to deliver.

Alternatively you could fund a hackathon bounty for the upcoming $MEME NFT event something like $2k in HNY would be good enough motivation, STAKEhaus will also be sponsoring.

2 Likes

I messaged him and he did support the proposal, but I think he’s really busy with other things atm.

I’ll delete the proposal for now, but it’s a good idea. Shows off one of the use-cases for Nifty.

3 Likes