Onboarding Contributor - Thiago Rossi

Onboarding Contributor

Proposal Information

Proposal description:

Hi! I’m Thiago and I have been a contributor for some DAO projects (Commons Stack, Token Engineering Academy…), and as a host for the Token Engineering Fundamentals.
I have a diverse range of experiences including sales, writing, managing projects and teams, and tech with a track record of streamlining the integration process.

Launching Gardens v2 will require onboarding new community admins and equip them with the tools and resources they need to be productive and achieve their community goals.

My proposal is to develop and implement a comprehensive onboarding program for the GardensV2. This program will include the following elements:

1. Create a welcome packet that includes information about Gardens, values, culture, and structure. This packet will also include links to important resources.

2. host regular introductory workshops to welcome new members and provide them with an overview of Gardens DAO. These workshops will cover topics such as the history, goals, and how to get involved.

3. Establish clear communication channels for new members to ask questions and get help. This may include creating a dedicated onboarding channel on the DAO’s forum.

Onboarding Goals:

V2 tech orientation:

• help community admin understand V2 hierarchy: ecosystems > communities > pools/strategies > proposals. Admin roles of the Council and Tribunal Safes, and the Covenant - the keystone of v2
  • get community admin familiar with setting up their community: creating the community, creating pools/strategies, updating community params.
  • where to go for support, how to monitor their community in the UI to make sure it’s healthy.

User’s ecosystem/community orientation

• why does their ecosystem exist? what are they looking to fund? where have their efforts fallen short so far? who is active in the ecosystem? what is the best case scenario for what their ecosystem look like in X years?
  • understand their community and the people that can reliably support this work. Need this to identify Council Safe members and Tribunal Safe members. What areas of expertise need to be represented by these members, and who will be active, passionate contributors to the community’s mission

Optimizing their Gardens v2 setup

• identify problem points in the ecosystem that this Council + gardens v2 will be best suited to solve
  • workshop their setup of Grants Pools and Signaling strategies that can solve this best.
  • identify funding sources, budget funding amounts for each pool
  • select metrics that will best represent whether these pools/strategies are working, set up tracking for these metrics (Dune, Defillama, gardens dashboards)
  • find the right sybil resistance solution based on who the community members are.
  • community outreach: how we will let the right people know about this community and make sure they’re onboarded successfully?

Compensation

I’m considering this as the first iteration for the onboarding and I’ll be committing 20 hours. The amount of HNY requested: 80 paid half upfront and half upon completion.

Timeline

I can develop and implement a basic onboarding program within 1 month. The onboarding program can then be continuously improved based on feedback from new members for the next iterations.

Metrics for Success

The success of the onboarding program will be measured by the following metrics:

• Number of new projects who participate in the onboarding program
  • Member satisfaction with the onboarding program (e.g., survey results with positive ratings)
  • Time it takes for new projects to become active (can be tracked by participation metrics)
  • Number of ecosystems
  • Number of communities
  • Number of registered community members
  • Number of active pools and strategies in communities
  • Amount of funds in funding pools

Conclusion

I would be happy to discuss my proposal in more detail and provide additional examples of my successful initiatives. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or discord @othiagorossi.

ETH address where fund will be received (via 2 of 2 Safe):

gno:0xd63B94c655B3eFbeC589a4263867207c717fE858 - Gardens Safe
gno:0x00A66045CCC58a3e79999D6DE0f49809c577Ed3c - EOA I own

4 Likes

Your experience is perfect for Gardens Thiago!

A lot of really great communities have expressed interest in using Gardens v2, but in its primitive alpha state right now we need the right people guiding them through as they experiment. We want alpha testing communities to “get it,” and be the ones best positioned for success on the platform for public launch. And we want that success to be easily replicated by other web3 OSS communities, and eventually all OSS communities, and finally all creators of non-private value.

Based on my phone calls with Thiago, his experience in the regensphere, and his educational background in complex systems - I think he’d be a HUGE help for the gardens team.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Hive ser!

1 Like

Thanks, ZER8! Happy to be here :seedling:

Adding an update for the proposal as I talked with @paul we are changing the scope of the proposal deliverables to focus more on contributions to the Gardens v2 documentation.

After talking to the Gardens Team about more pressing issues going into public beta, we’ve updated the proposal to focus more on documentation, as follows:

Purpose: To provide clear, comprehensive, and user-friendly documentation, ensuring that all communities can participate effectively and provide valuable feedback.

Goals:

• Guide participants through the process.
  • Explain the functionalities and features being tested.
  • Facilitate the collection of feedback and bug reports.
  • Ensure the documentation is accessible and easy to understand.
  • Build upon the documentation on Notion and include:
    • FAQs: Frequently asked questions and their answers.
    • Troubleshooting Guide: Solutions to common problems participants may encounter.
    • Contact Information: How to reach support or the development team for help.
  • Engage in the conversations Paul is having with the communities that are alpha testing.

Implementation Plan

1. Review: Review the documentation built so far.
  2. Outline Creation: Develop a detailed outline of the documentation structure including suggestions. 3. Content Drafting: Write the initial content for each section where necessary.
  3. Review and Feedback Internal Review: Share the draft with team members for review and feedback.
  4. Community Input: Involve a small group of alpha testers to review the documentation and provide feedback.
  5. Revision and Finalization Incorporate Feedback: Revise the documentation based on the feedback received.
  6. Final Edits: Proofread and edit the document for clarity, accuracy, and consistency.
  7. Publication and Distribution Publish Documentation: Make the final documentation available to all.
  8. Ongoing Updates: Continuously update the documentation based on ongoing feedback and any changes to the project.

Timeline

Week 1: Outline creation and initial content drafting.
Week 2: Internal review and feedback collection.
Week 3: Revision and incorporation of feedback.
Week 4: Final edits and publication.

1 Like