Philanthropic Project on xDai and HoneySwap

BeneFACTORY

Proposal Information

I recently created a token on xdai, and am currently working on resources and social media. This token is intended as a philanthropic one, used specifically to support homeless individuals–especially in the LGBTQ+ community. I am looking for the support of the DAO to help me bootstrap liquidity to add the token to HoneySwap. Any tokens not used for LP will be burned and there is only a total supply of 120000 to begin with, so it is SUPER deflationary. I am hoping to provide liquidity to ascertain a price of at least $5 per BENE. Any profit from the sales of such can be placed into a pool like those on PoolTogether, a part of which’s interest will be used as donations and supportive funding for the homeless community, who are scheduled to be uprooted the moment the CDC gives local govts the okay to do so. This is extremely destructive to such a population and I would like to give them all the support they can get. The token contract address is 0xf99dfdcffd67d36bf362b4cb31599673f94d7ada

Proposal Rationale
This DAO is intended, among other things, to support people and improve the world around us. This is why I am proposing this project.

Expected duration or delivery date :
I am looking to bootstrap liquidity immediately. Development of the Application and resources should be completed in the coming days.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

Twitter: brain362_
Discord: cabrock1#5851
Telegram: graphene0

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
I have spent the last year working with a local ministry called Turtle Shell Ministries whose sole goal is to transition homeless individuals to housing. I also have worked as Community Ambassador and Curator for 5 different current DeFi projects including The Graph.

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
0xAFECEbE1c14325c2212624AC710aF3a1b5Da595D

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:
100% of the funds will be used for bootstrapping initial liquidity and vault creation. I will take 0 income from this amount, nor any future profit. This is a PURELY philanthropic venture.

5 Likes

Good for you for doing some very important work! Have you checked out the Giveth.io project. This sounds like something that their platform is specifically suited to be used for.

4 Likes

I hadn’t. Had a suggestion from discord to post here. But I’m going to check them out now. I appreciate it!

1 Like

Before we go more deeply I have a few questions…

How many people did the ministry actually get into housing and how long have people been able to maintain that housing?

How is a token going to help/why is it needed?

Wouldn’t donations work just as well?

Also, thank you for doing the work.

2 Likes

So in their lifetime the ministry I am working with here has housed more than 100 people. However, I don’t personally know if there were any issues in which any of those individuals were unable to maintain their newly obtained home. I can find out by calling my team lead and post an update here.

I think donations would be great too. However people often ignore, or become turned off, by the request for donations. This project gives everyone who participates the chance to obtain earnings while simultaneously helping others who need it. Furthermore, I think this could be the catalyst for development and innovation for the intersection of DeFi and Philanthropy.

I appreciate the questions/critical thinking.

1 Like

I appreciate you doing the work.