Proposal: Hernando Builds a Honey Pot Bot

Hernando Builds a Honey Pot Bot

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
Hernando has offered to build a Discord bot that will provide automatic notifications when important proposal events have occurred in our conviction voting UX, the Honeypot. The purpose of this bot would be to make it easy for everyone in the community to stay on top of Honeypot activity without having to proactively go and check.

This bot would be capable of automatically notifying a channel when:

1. a new proposal has been submitted
  2. a proposal has been challenged
  3. a proposal has passed
  4. a proposal has been executed

Proposal Rationale
Right now, community members must proactively go and check the Honeypot to see if there’s any updates. Also, there’s no notification when a proposal passes and has been executed, it simply disappears from the front page. A Discord bot connected to an announcements channel would help improve awareness and participation in community governance of the Honeypot.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
Work is currently estimated at ~8 hours, to be completed over the next 1-2 weeks

Team Information

@hernandoagf (dev)
@ceresbzns (pm)

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
Look at these beautiful bot bois.
Hernando made them! He has also done a tremendous amount of work on administering and automating the Pollen system. He is a reliable and proactive contributor to the community.

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of HNY requested: 1

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred: 0x8d67d08ACEE81c0Da332BAE80ff81E91D66dCdB9

More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used: Beneficiary address is a 2 of 2 Gnosis multisig. Once the bot has been delivered, I will validate and funds will be dispersed to Hernando.

Link to Honeypot proposal: Honey Pot

15 Likes

Its a nice project, I’ll support it.

I just don’t see the point of having a project manager when its a one-person job, hernandoafg is trustworthy to deliver the project without having someone managing the funds. Maybe I’m missing something here.

2 Likes

I agree with you, actually. While I was writing this proposal I originally suggested to Hernando that we disburse this directly to his wallet. However, he said he felt more comfortable using a gnosis safe with disbursement occurring after someone else validated his work as delivered.

4 Likes

Okay make senses, @hernandoagf doesnt even trust himself :wink:

3 Likes

Fully support this! @hernandoagf is amazing at BOT dev :rocket:

2 Likes

Fully support this. I think this channel will be a good recap resource when it is set up and going!

1 Like

Hell yeah definitely support this, also agree for 1 hny no need to go via gnosis but if hernando wants it then no issue with it. God speed, I think this will be a great bot to have and benefit many people in 1hive

1 Like

Sounds great! I love the price bots in the Markets channel and use them frequently. Keep it going. Can’t see any negatives to this. Also agree no need for Gnosis but if process matters stick with it.

1 Like

Just to close the loop: bot has been deployed to the 1Hive Discord and funds were released to Hernando

2 Likes

a lot of value in this proposal :100: :clap: good luck you have my support

2 Likes

I totally support this 1 hny isn’t a big deal going through gnosis… great work there :handshake:

1 Like