PROPOSAL: Recurrent but Random HNY drops

Proposal Title

Recurrent but Random HNY drops to reward HNY holders.

Proposal Information

Proposal description:

The proposal is to arrange some recurrent (i.e., done at every chosen time interval, like every ~24h) HNY drop. This drop has the following characteristics:

1. it is unpredictable when, exactly, this occurs. This is implemented by means of a random choice of the time of the drop. So, on average, we have a drop every ~24h, but the next one would be in ~1h or ~47, following some kind of gaussian distribution.
  2. This drop rewards HNY holders having at least a certain MIN amount of HNY (example 0.5HNY).

Proposal Rationale

The rationale behind the two points above are the following:

(point 2) By rewarding HNY holders, the drop creates an incentive to hold HNY. This in turns creates an upward pressure in the market. Ultimately, this drop pushes up the value of HNY. This is good as it supports further actions and 1Hive projects.

(point 1) The goal of point 1 is to avoid people buying HNY just before the drop, and get rid of it immediately after. Since the exact time of the drop is unpredictable, the best strategy to get the drop is just to hold the HNY.

So, all in all, the point of this drop mechanism is to (try to) push up the price of HNY.

What do you think, fellow bees? :honeybee: :honeybee: :honeybee: :honeybee:

hey I like the idea but have you seen yhis proposal?

there are some similarities…

1 Like

thanks! I’ll switch attention to that thread then :slight_smile:

The beautiful thing about 1Hive is that it rewards people for participating in governance and in the community.

Drops to people who already hold violate the spirit of 1Hive, in my opinion.

2 Likes

I think the unpredictable faucet payment ideas is genius and wholly support that bit. It will keep people not just more interested but also more excited and more likely to tell others, especially after a big ‘win’.

In my ideal world the faucet would also open a digital 1hive fortune cookie and offer some 1hive wisdom or offer a link to somewhere else cool on the internet, so it was more of an ‘experience’ every time.

1 Like

So you get HNY but it might be some crazy amount?

Yeah, that’s could work. Guaranteed something with a chance of something quite substantial.