Recovering Burnt HONEY Proposal - Stuck in Agent

Recovering Burnt HONEY Proposal

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
I have 50 HONEY in mainnet which I received as a reward earlier before the xDai migration happened and the new HONEY in xDai was sent to aragon agent before which I withdrew the mainnet HONEY from the DAO. So, am requesting the corresponding 50 xDai HONEY to be sent to my address which has the mainnet HONEY.

Proposal Rationale
Everyone who had HONEY before the migration has been dropped the same amount of HONEY tokens in xDai. But, unfortunately, I have my HONEY stuck in Agent and it isn’t possible to recover as there are no private keys for the Agent.

Relevant Information & Proofs

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of HNY requested: 50

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred: 0xE68967c95f5A9BCcfDd711A2Cbc23Ec958F147Ef

3 Likes

Can you give more details. Where did the Honey come from originally? Why was it sent to an Agent instead of your address (if it was sent to a DAO there’s a chance it was owned by multiple people)? Can you link to the Aragon client the DAO where the original Agent is?

1 Like

Hi @willjgriff Thanks for reading into my request. So, to answer your question, the Honey was one of the many tokens that was rewarded to me as I won a contest corresponding to it. And the tokens were held in a DAO with only 2 members in it (those members are the contest organizers who were using the DAO to pool tokens in). And when I won the contest, I have been granted the majority of those DAO tokens so that I can withdraw my rewards from the DAO & I withdrew my token rewards. This all happened before the xDai migration of 1hive.

And when the migration happened, the xDai honey was sent to that DAO’s Agent. But am the one holding the mainnet Honey as I had withdrawn my rewards from the DAO.

Here’s a link to the contest thread.
And this is the DAO that was used to pool tokens.

Hope that answers your questions :slight_smile:

Wow, what a prize! Congrats!

Would you mind to sign a message like I'm Saimano and I am doing this request: https://forum.1hive.org/t/recovering-burnt-honey-proposal-stuck-in-agent/897/2 with the address 0x6fc46b64e3de0a4962d15a75129f39a9068c6f10, please?

Alternatively you could set up some contact details in this 3box profile: https://3box.io/0x6fc46b64e3de0a4962d15a75129f39a9068c6f10

That would be the best way to cryptographically attest you are the owner of those tokens.

2 Likes

Thanks! But what’s this address - 0x6fc46b64e3de0a4962d15a75129f39a9068c6f10 you are asking me to sign? And why would I need to do that?

@saimano You need to sign with the address that was granted control of the organization in this vote: https://client.aragon.org/#/justdaoit/0x96ab60b175eb3e5a43c90666cde7ebfd2d9d16fd/vote/8/ which would be address 0xE68967c95f5A9BCcfDd711A2Cbc23Ec958F147Ef.

Can you confirm that makes sense to you @sem?

Yeah. I made the proposal with the address that was granted control of the org which is me.

For reference, contract addresses are made using a combination of the calling address and its nonce. So theoretically if you had the original address that created this app you could execute fake transactions up to the nonce at which the Agent was created and create a contract at the same address as the Agent on xDAI which has a function to extract the funds. However, in this case since the Agent was created by the DAO and the DAO was created by a DAO Factory, the only one capable of going through that process is whoever deployed the DAO Factory, which presumably is someone at Aragon, which is unlikely. However, whoever has that address could potentially grab the HNY in that Agent one day…

7 Likes

@onbjerg Yes, I was confused because in the token manager did only appear two addresses. The address that redeemed the tokens is the one that is requesting the honey, so it looks good to me.

On the other hand, as @willjgriff is saying, it is unlikely that the honey in the agent could be recovered, and the most simple thing is to get the funds from the funding pool. I know that @aaron is in a similar situation in which he has honey stuck in an agent too, and we could also recover the funds for him.

I’m wondering if it has sense to create a dandelion voting to burn the stucked honey when their original tokenholders get it back from the common pool.

3 Likes

Hmm, I see. Seems like a high handed technical stuff but yeah, it’s unlikely to happen as you mentioned. Thanks for the research & info.

Yeah, thanks for the verification. And good to see the research you people are doing in for honey proposals.

I would also suggest something like that :point_up_2: so that the HNY is not lying somewhere inaccessible.

1 Like

I recovered HNY stuck before the migration. A conviction vote granting me HNY passed. I think it’s only fair for @saimano to recover his tokens.

I do agree, the original tokens should be burned.

2 Likes

It would actually be possible to burn them when we do the upgrade to Disputable Honey Pot, because we’ll need to change the honey token controller to the new token manager. At that point we could also burn some tokens.

4 Likes

Is there a new token manager? I don’t see any change in the contract since July. Is it in another branch? Could you give us more info?

The Disputable Honey Pot DAO will be a newly deployed DAO, it will have the same type of token manager as the current one.

Wooah!! Congratulations man! You are one lucky bastard :sweat_smile: I bet at the time you probably must have thought all that honey was just some worthless piece of :poop:. i’m totally supporting this proposal, these sought of stories gladden my heart :blush:
If i were you thou i wouldn’t spend all that honey, trust me it’ll be worth a lot more in the future. You can join our community and see for yourself ask @aaron and just in case you are feeling charitable; whats my wallet address for? if not for giving and receiving :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @Kryptobi But I haven’t thought of it being useless because it was not just a random airdropped token but it’s a community token. And in my opinion, communities are powerful & they are the essence of driving decentralization forward. I myself is a person born out of communities especially MetaGame, the key reason for all the good things happened for me moving further in this metaverse. So, I was having faith in HNY but wasn’t sure how it’s gonna turn out & am happy 1hive did evolve into something that’s truly decentralized & more free for the collective good :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good to hear. I just assumed that’s what most people would think. And you are right 1Hive is truly decentralized. I hope you get to hang around with us and put some of that HNY to work in our farms.

Yup. Got some plans for the betterment of the community too.

2 Likes