Request to fund Rabbithole campaign
Historically the faucet has been a place that attracted many new bees to come and also allowed for new bees to come back day after day creating a habit which in some cases would attract contributors. Since the faucets original deployment I think it is safe to say there have been over a dozen discussions on the topic and a number of proposals have passed to refill the faucet. However, over time we have found that with anything people will find a way to exploit what was intended for good.
Here are just some of the faucet discussions from the past:
- Faucet or Not to Faucet Oct 2021
- New Faucet Idea Jan 2021
- Top the Faucet Oct 2020
- Needs for Faucet Improvements Oct 2020
- Faucet July 2020
Part of these discussions resulted in the idea of deploying quests for 1hive. As 1hive Quests is still an ongoing project I would propose that in the mean time we run a rabbithole campaign which I believe can provide exposure and similar results the faucet once provided early in its life cycle.
This is not a replacement for faucet as there is an ongoing discussion about a faucet that maybe effective on Arbitrum.
For those that are not familar with Rabbithole here is a snippet from their docs:
At RabbitHole, we believe web3 fundamentally reshapes the future of work and talent organization. By curating an on-chain graph of a user’s prior achievements, RabbitHole is creating the on-chain resume for the future of work. As we move towards these goals, we believe it is important to maintain core values that build up and strengthen the communities that we create and become a part of.
This will be a pretty tough forum post since there are so many options. Many will likely have a passion for what we should do and it is likely we will never reach unanomous support but I am hopeful we can get as close to a solution that is supported by 1hive as much as possible.
It is also worth noting that we recognize anything can be gamed and we should consider how we can reduce gamers who can abuse these quests. This brings us to the topic of what sybil resistance solution should we use for these quests. Many may suggest using BrightID as a pre-req for qualifing. As I believe this is a great solution it does create a barier to entry for those unfamilar with xDai network and BrightID. I would actually propose that the sybil resist tool we use is to whitelist any ethereum address that has performed a transaction in the last 30 days. This accomplishes 2 very important goals:
- it targets an audience that is active on ethMainnet which means they may possibly be new to or never used xDai if they are using ethMainnet.
- it creates a sybil resistance solution. Because of the high gas fees on ethMainnet it is unlikely the same person would create multiple addresses especially if it results in a reward less than the gas fee. This may exclude some of us but I think this is about attracting new people anyway. If a user showed interest in coming over to xdai to perform this quest this may refund a portion of the gas cost.
Before we post a proposal we need to identify a few things:
- How many people do we want to try to reach?
- How much should people be rewarded?
- What quests/tasks should we create?
- What sybil resis tool if any should we use?
- 55 HNY
- 120 HNY
- Fewer: 500-1000
- Many: ~5000
- Active ethMainnet Address
Now most importantly are probably the quest themselves. To get the conversation started we need to identify tasks that can be confirmed on the blockchain. As I understand it, a signing from your wallet is acceptable too (such as a snapshot vote). Here are some examples:
- vote on any gardens proposal: 1hive, BrightDAO, Cold Truth Culture, and/or Agave (abstain is allowed).
- make a swap on honeyswap (xdai)
- pool then stake on the honeycomb farms (xdai)
- Authenticate your account on celeste I didn’t think we want to incentivize people to deposite HNY on celeste plus there is a minimum of 0.5HNY or something to this effect.
I look forward to hearing what creative on chain solutions we can come up with.