Round 2: Proposal for Incentivizing New Farms

Imo stake/hny farm should be the same as xdai/hny. Xdai ecosystem consists in two tokens so thats my reasoning.
my proposal:
xdai/hny 30
stake/hny 30
eth/xdai 15
stake/xdai 15

1 Like

Hny not used by moon holders is the point for that pair. It will still provide liquidity to xdai sense hny-xdai is the largest pair. Tbh hny-moon is probably better for avoiding Imperment losses. I would rarely invest in a crypto-stable coin pair. Your are almost always gonna get wrecked by IL.

@farmerD I think your splitting hairs, the proposal is very close to what youā€™d like to see. I personally would like to see all the snx,rezec, omg BW paird with HNY instead of xdai but it is what it is. If itā€™s close enough go with it so we can get some more data to make it even better next time.

1 Like

This proposal is not passing due to contention among HNY holders on the size of this proposal, as well as on the particular pairs chosen. There seems to be decent consensus that the HNY-XDAI pair at least should be funded since this provides price support for our community token, HNY.

How would we feel about instead doing a breakdown like this at first?

XDAI-HNY - 40 HNY
XMOON-HNY - 5 HNY
XBRICK-HNY - 5 HNY
DONUT-HNY - 5 HNY

For a total cost of 55 HNY. This would still leave us with about 100 HNY which we can deploy later in the month if we see good results, support HNY price, and also be able to be shilled to reddit to bring over new community members.

Thoughts? If we like this idea I will create a new proposal and support it. It should be easier to pass, and we may be able to get a few additional people onboard who are on the sidelines rn.

4 Likes

I dig it, whatā€™s the harm in starting small? As was said before we cannot substract HNY from the farms, but we can always add to it even if itā€™s ongoing. I think itā€™s a good idea to incrementally add more, see on a small scale first how farms would affect us. Easier to pass, and less risky, sounds like a good plan to me! About the pairs, not sure personally, as we are attracting from reddit I do think itā€™s smart to get them onboard. What is the reasoning for 40 HNY on the XDAI-HNY pair? Couldnā€™t we for example go with 20 and have the other 20 allocated to some other pairs that are listed above, which are potentially interesting? E.g Eth/HNY,Stake/HNY or BTC/HNY

1 Like

Thereā€™s more support for the HNY-XDAI pair, even from some farming skeptics, because itā€™s important to have a way to exchange HNY.

It sounds like the consensus in discord is continue on with the current proposal to see if it passes

:orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart: We should be coming up with better ideas together as a community to distribute HNY as an alternative to feeding the vultures.

I donā€™t want to vote to keep making pools and handing out HNY to vultures.

The price will keep getting dumped as everyone farms.

An alternative idea I have:

Your HNY rewards are fed to you through the Faucet and drip-fed over 90 days.

I would rather have a rolling 90-day drip feed of HNY rather than everyone farm and dump every day which is whats happening.

E.G. If you farmed 1 HNY in a day, you receive it incrementally via your faucet, over 90-days going forward. In this scenario, it would be less harmful to have farms available for everyone. The message is clear: If you want HNY, you join the community and commit for 3 months at a minimum. :honey_pot:

We should also be considering plans to implement staking of HNY onto the platform. Your staking amount should give you a Voting contract as well, so you can both stake and vote at the same time on the platform. With this, there is incentive to hold HNY even more.

:honeybee:

HNY is obviously meant to be a low supply token that everyone respects, and we have exhausted the Liquidity Pool scheme.

We should be also considering to hold competitions for artwork, memes, youtube videos, and give prizes out for HNY there

5 Likes

Beautiful, couldnā€™t have said it better. Brilliant ideas.

1 Like

I agree. We would like to incorporate some of that in phase 3 jan1 farm proposal but those changes couldnā€™t be implemented fast enough and we also didnā€™t have enough data to make substantial changes other than reducing from 720hny to 160hny and secondly the types and amounts, instead of 3 big farms a bunch of diverse farms with some key triangulation pairs that support the network

If we got a team together today working on those proposals it would be 3 days minimum to roll out a proposal likely closer to a week then another round of votes adds another week before that is possibly passed. We were hoping for a go live after uni farms expired and before our last two farms expired

while i think this proposal is fine, I would rather something more focused and less contentious would be up at the same time. I have created another focusing on what I believe are the core pairs Updated Round 2 Farming Proposal

I donā€™t think it makes sense to have both proposals up at the same time. The risk is that neither gets passed because they are very similar and support will be split. Perhaps wait and see if this proposal passes or not.

Actually I am more for this kind of proposal since it is targetted somewhat and is sustainable in principle.

xDAI-HNY - 40HNY important to fund indefinitely imo. And three experiments to bring these communities over.

The other 3 are experiments. The amounts are small and the token values low. I would couple this with an idea to offer these communities a up to 10HNY/month matching LP reward on the HNY-TOKEN pair if the community offers LP incentives on the TOKEN-xDAI, TOKEN-wETH pairs.

In my ideal world what we would do is use the HNY-TOKEN pair and pay two LP rewards. one in the 1HIVE HNY matching funds and the other LP in TOKENs on the HNY-TOKEN pair as this would give the greatest LP incentive bank for the buck both for 1Hive, HNY and the TOKEN.

Example: Right now /r/ethtrader incentivizes the uniswap DONUT-ETH token contract with 100,000 DONUTs/week (worth about .0035US/DONUT. $350/week). So basically /r/ethtrader is funding their LP with about 5HNY/month equivalent LP with DONUTs worth .0035.

We do the above incentives to bring some DONUT liquidity for a month and then offer continued matching. Say we offer to match LP incentives of 50K DONUTs/week with 2.5HNY/month as long as /r/ethtrader wants to fund (up to as much as 10HNY/month for 200K DONUTs of LP rewards). We can also offer a bonus if they move their distribution and tipping over here of say 50% LP HNY bonus.

The point of these kinds of moves is to entice these communities with not just lower network fees but matching LP incentives to move their intrastructure on xDAI (allows microtipping) and use Honeyswap for trading/microtradingā€¦ DONUTs moving here basically means a person can microtip 1 DONUT .0035US for about .0001tx fee (3%) or 10DONUTs for .3% fee which makes DONUT microtipping a reality.

The above would allow me to take a proposal of some kind to encourage /r/ethtrader DONUTs to move some intrastructure to xDAI whether we match or whether they come is all completely up to governance on both sides so no guarantees but as an experiment to see if we can get even 1 of these communities to move on to xDAI and use Honeyswap might be interesting.

instead of splitting up the conversation in two threads and discord ill respond here

Thats cool. Although i donā€™t see what difference itā€™ll make.
@Kryptobi

In my ideal world what we would do is use the HNY-TOKEN pair and pay two LP rewards. one in the 1HIVE HNY matching funds and the other LP in TOKENs on the HNY-TOKEN pair as this would give the greatest LP incentive bank for the buck both for 1Hive, HNY and the TOKEN.
@Eth_Man

The idea is to separate the seemingly different goals. The pairs in my proposal are designed to get depth of liquidity on pairs offered by uniswap. As it stands, even with the gas fees on uniswap, it is still more profitable to trade on uniswap for most trades because there is not enough liquidity.

If we want to incentivise liquidity for more experimental pairs they should be a separate proposal for these

I donā€™t think it makes sense to have both proposals up at the same time. The risk is that neither gets passed because they are very similar and support will be split. Perhaps wait and see if this proposal passes or not.
@thejakk2

We have already done this and it didnā€™t bring enough liquidity. People still want to be comfortable trading more obscure alt coins knowing there will be enough volume and liquidity on honeyswap. We are continuing to lay the groundwork with the proposal that distributes more HNY across more farms. It also goes LPs more variety to choose where to put their staked funds.
@Pressure

I would disagree. there was no BTC volume before farming, the ETH liquidity also seems to be sticky.

I could withdraw this proposal and put the honey I have staked behind this proposal. But I think there are too many experimental pairs here. I think these will have a detrimental impact on the HNY price.

I can be convinced otherwise with some more data, or if this proposal was amended with fewer pairs.

in any case, I do think it is important to pass something organically without the seeds

The reason people wanted those expiremental pairs was to have more data to analyse after the farming period was over and that more people would stay if the rewards went from 5 HNY to 0 HNY than letā€™s say 100 to 0 so it could have different results than the first farming.
Someone did some calculations to show the effect 160 HNY could have on the price and it was really small, i canā€™t seem to find that persons message but iā€™m sure heā€™ll show up today or tomorrow.

these are not binary. As i mentioned above, a separate proposal can be put forward for the experimental pools on their own.

As for the analysis, I am not a statistician, but clearly the ETH and BTC liquidity seems to have worked as a bunch has stuck

The difference between the proposals is 2 HNY a day for a month. Thatā€™s unlikely to have a significant impact on HNY price.

The WETH-WBTC and WBTC-WXDAI farms are still active.

the WETH/HNY and WETH/XDAI pools have $256K and $101K liquidity respectively. Neither are currently being incentivised at the moment

I am just going to come back to the same points and leave this.

1. What is the actual goal?
  2. How do we measure success/failure? Where is the data?
  3. Everyone keeps talking about experiments yet I look at the data for the HNY-xDAI pair and my take is that trade sizes barely shifted. Trades and trading volumes moved only with liquidity. There was no significant boost in number of trades or trade sizes beyond a linear relationship with the LP incentive.
  4. Lack of long term consistency. It has been posited not enought time was given to these. Well then how does another 1 month LP incentive do anything with respect to time.

Again I am for incentivizing one single pair - the goal to provide people with decent liquidity to cash out and offer ā€˜someā€™ price support. The HNY-xDAI pair and I have the funding on this to be about 40-50HNY/month to provide about 1-2M liquidity.

Anything else is a wishful experiment. I am more interested in making an offer to /r/ethtrader to LP match to bring DONUTS to xDAI both via infrastructure distribution mechanics moving here, as well as some of the LP rewards they already offer for HNY-ETH pair on Uniswap (100K DONUTS/week or about 1.3K US/month at current DONUT prices)ā€¦

THe goal with these kind of 5HNY experiments. Lever the lower fees, against low token prices to bring the eyes of these communities to 1Hive/xDAI/Honeyswap. The goal is more eyes as measured by wallets and the community TOKEN trading/movements into/out of xDAI and around xDAI/Honeyswap. I have on my plate an idea at least within /r/ethrrader to perhaps use the DONUT as a microtipping for posts on xDAI that could then be coupled into a new sourceCred post reward model that then could be folded out into sourceCred generally. The total mechanics on xDAI could be sold back to reddit - who is sitting on their thumbs with no answer on this scaling competition. Granted this is a longer term project with some software that has to be done. But this is a better idea with a real goal for LP incentives than just tossing out LP rewards on pairs because ā€˜we canā€™.

I see the niche to lever here to be multifold.

1. Technology, both from governance/DAO side with Aragon+Celeste+1Hive
  2. Low fees, xDAI that may be able to incorporate ZKrollups quickly.
  3. Honeyswap in the microtrading venue (5-50$$ trading).
  4. Get a representation of HNY on the main net so we can get more investment $$ in HNY and HNY trading in more places.

The above leads me to want to push were we have an edge to grow traffic, eyes, and investment.

I know other people have ideas but those are mine. They are measureable and for the moment realistically achievable.

I think one thing people are basically agreed upon. Fund HNY-xDAI and frankly Iā€™d rather see a proposal for 240HNY on that for 6 months than 40HNY for 1 month. Take these LP funding proposals for more than a month term and have some real goals.

I see HNY-xDAI as a key pair we need to fund. If I can get say r/ethtrader on to xDAI then maybe we offer some matching LP HNY for their LP DONUTs. I also think it would be cool if we could pool those funds into a single HNY-DONUT contract and pay out the LP in both HNY and DONUTs simultaneously. But that is a contract change.

2 Likes

Again I am for incentivizing one single pair - the goal to provide people with decent liquidity to cash out and offer ā€˜someā€™ price support. The HNY-xDAI pair and I have the funding on this to be about 40-50HNY/month to provide about 1-2M liquidity.

I totally agree with this, but I would go further. I think committing to at least a quarter of mining for this one pair would be a good idea

as far as my proposal, It seems like the community has spoken! Iā€™ll withdraw and support this

:honeybee::honey_pot::honeybee::honey_pot::honeybee::honey_pot::honeybee::honey_pot::honeybee::honey_pot:

4 Likes

Great to see that the proposal has passed with lots of support! :woman_farmer:
Here is a chart comparing this new farming round to the previous one:

4 Likes