Updated Round 2 Farming Proposal

Proposal Information

Farming has proven to be controversial, to put it mildly. however, it seems like funding HNY ETH STAKE and BTC seems far less controversial. I remain unconvinced that this long tail of tokens should be funded from the common pool. I would much rather a situation where farming rewards are supplied by interested parties rather than the common pool.

It is my understanding, this would require significant dev work and is not on the cards for the time being. At the same time, I dont think farming has been given enough of a chance to work. The current proposal is ok, but not great IMO. While I could throw my weight behind the current proposal and pass it, I think this revised proposal is less contentious and lower risk with regards to affect on the HNY price.

If there is an appetite for other tokens to be funded then they can be included in a separate proposal

these figures have been taken directly from this proposal

farms to fund

xdai/hny - 40HNY

eth/hny - 20HNY

eth/xdai - 20HNY

stake/hny - 10HNY

btc/hny - 10HNY

Expected duration or delivery date:

within 48 hours of passing. Will last for 30 more days.

Amount of HNY requested:

100HNY total for this round of funding.

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:

0xe1a314e9ec7b72cae3af791259f0aa8b7c259a9f

Funds will be transferred to the Fauna swarm agent address where it can be transferred to all the pools through 1 proposal & 1 transfer from the agent

Proposal: vote

More data analysis on farming here: Summarizing Farms Situation 2

2 Likes

The upside is we could pass that vote today and it would be the first proposal passing without help from the seeds which is a nice milestone.
The downside is that the other proposal was funding a lot of new coins so we could bring in a lot of new people/liquidity for small amounts of HNY and some of those would stay after the farming since rewards were only 5 HNY and then there are more tradeable pairs.
It would also give us more data to work with after.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting and showing interest! However, This proposal doesn’t have enough smaller pairs imo. This approach is similar to last and consensus appears to be that if you don’t gain significant liquidity you are just flushing hny away. This will only split the vote.

I am okay if we evaluate the farm 2 proposal I would just suggest that We change it rather than post another. Also it would be nice if the meetings and attendees that participated in the discussion that came up with this proposal be added to this post.

Farming is not a long term solution so is this considering the transition away from farming or is it just to get something out there? If we do a different farm proposal it needs to be dramatically different than it is today. The farm 2 was established to gain research, to buy us time for a significantly improved phase 3 farm, and to include a tapering of funds while providing users some stability/consistency

Also I am putting together a farm 3 proposal meeting with a planned go live of jan1. We can’t postpone the meeting any longer. There is a tremendous amount of work to do. If you are interested please dm me.

2 Likes