πŸ”— Run your own local xDai node (Updated for London hardfork)

How to specify the file storage location is now stored in C: by default//

I don’t use it on Windows so I really don’t know, but on the other systems their respective application data directories are being used automatically.

How to resync after system stop?

Just start the client, and wait.

I’ve been on for three nights, but I haven’t finished syncing. I’m slowing down

right now I’m looking at how to install the node, a question brings some kind of benefits @tacotexmex

I seem to be stuck on 0 peers :frowning: any idea why that might be?

No, sorry. Possibly some issue with your firewall/network/ISP.

Hi. Thanks for this guide. I’m currently downloading the chain on 1 windows machine. I want to run the node on ubuntu VM. Can I copy paste the db? Or will I have to redownload everything? Also, If I were to run the node on a different windows machine, can I copy/paste the db from LocalApp?

Yes, the data is the same across platforms.

So if I’m running my node on hyper-v ubuntu guest on a windows server host how do I connect to my node? I tried changing localhost with the vm and server ip but the transactions are not being mined.

This is an amazing guide. Thanks for all the info. I am def gonna give it a shot.

3 Likes

Perfect guide its easy to follow… good job!

Daix
On
1Hive.org
Run node

Greetings fellow node runners!
Please watch this space if you want to carry your node over to the London fork (block # 19040000).

1 Like

This is a 10/10 guide, I’ve pointed more than a few friends who want to run a node to this post. Thank you very much!

1 Like

:mega::taco: Heads up node runners of xDaichain!

:uk: The London fork is approaching and a software upgrade is required to tag along.

:fork_and_knife::running_man:The node runner’s guide has been updated accordingly.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing, I have a question. After creating the node, it will use a lot of computing power, will it consume the internet?

@tacotexmex

Right now that I change computers and I have a more powerful computer I ask myself the same question as @Cheo0202 is the consumption at the hardware level high? or on internet band issues?

computing power is practically free in a post-scarcity world :slight_smile:
the internet has infinite consumables (see short length video streams on social media/apps heh)… my inspiration and summing up what I have been realizing for awhile was in this CoinDesk article :wink: – chains like xDai have a lot of scaling solutions to make computing on blockchain truly low cost (see gas fees!) and also to put infinite goods/consumable content on chain too… imo, it already is doing that. It keeps growing and expanding. 19 Million blocks is a lot of blocks! but the chain is relatively low cost to transact currently when compared to almost any blockchain. Nodes can be run from a PC even (I have done so in the past) - not consuming much energy at all!

Thanks for the updates btw. #xDai #LondonHF #EIP1559 #burnbaby