🔥 SEO for HoneySwap is in bad state - Put in ideas who are SEO Experts

How we get interested people to HoneySwap or 1hive is through proper SEO (Search Engine Optimization) or proper articles demonstrating or using proper keywords so people will flock to HoneySwap and get interested.

If I do random search like
xDai exchange
xDai defi exchange
defi exchange zero fees

Nothing yields or pulls us to HoneySwap I think we need to allocate some funds or bring in some people who can do some proper SEO and help us drive growth.

Social media marketing is not enough thats more of a FUD, We need proper channels to bring more people interested in

1 Like

Well, for one, Honeyswap doesn’t have a dedicated blog, so Google couldn’t connect the things you searched for with anything relevant. This is not an SEO issue since there is no SEO being done in the first place. The existing blog has 4 posts in total and almost all of them are lacking a more SEO oriented approach.

I can chime in if there is anything that needs to be cleared up but without backlinks leading to the blog, internal linking, and some hard off-page work, you shouldn’t expect much in the near future.

1 Like

We do have a blog btw https://about.1hive.org/blog

1 Like

I wanted to say that there is no “active” blog. My bad. Depending on who is maintaining it, there could be room for improvement. Honeyswap could organize a writing contest for one. It works great for SEO because it generates a lot of organic backlinks and acquires quality content in the process.

2 Likes

We could use your help to tweak SEO a bit for likely keywords I hope the seeds consider this and take suggestions from a SEO expert , incase with you

1 Like

I do have a ton of content ideas and possible keywords we should be looking at right now. If you want, I can put together a detailed report in a few days.

3 Likes

Please do we are looking forward to take ideas and for good contribution we always look forward to in the community

1 Like

First off, it is great that we have a blog but the fact that is inactive doesn’t look good as far as Google is concerned. If you want to rank, consistency in posting and quality content is a must. Also, all pages need to be indexed on Google (last I checked all is good for now). All we need to get the blog off the ground is a few targeted keywords, a targeted audience, and consistent quality content.

Since high transaction fees on ETH are the talk of the town we should consider doing a few comparison charts and posts that can be used for further distribution. I am sure an extensive research between Uniswap and Honeyswap fees would be an interesting read on many crypto-related internet boards. Since we are looking for quality backlinks, our content should resonate with our targeted audience. Most crypto projects I work with tailor their content to be a good fit for /r/cryptocurrency, for example. If the post gets enough upvotes Google counts it as a backlink from an authority website such as Reddit. This works for online forums and Reddit-like websites as well. All we need is good content and some distribution.

As for the keywords, “Uniswap alternative” should be our main focus. There is a lot of opportunity for good content there. An example article would be calculating fees on Uniswap, comparing them to Honeyswap, and offering a simple tutorial on how to switch to the xDai chain. We need to keep in mind that this is newbie-oriented content so it should be easy to understand and digest.

Other keyword ideas would be:

Cheap crypto transactions

Best decentralized exchange

Yield farming

On top of all this, we would need to reach out to some other publications and offer guest posts. “Top 5 decentralized exchanges for 2021” is something everyone will be looking for in the coming year. Writing a simple post that also includes Honeyswap and offering it as a guest post exposes Honeyswap to their readers but also generates a valuable backlink.

I could take initiative in this (If there aren’t better SEO guys around) but it requires a lot of time and work. A DAO request would need to be submitted and a team of at least 3 competent community members should be working on this for a few months until we start seeing results.

2 Likes

great analysis by the way I hope the community looks at this post with positive approach and work towards it in some capacity

1 Like

i hear the community is also working on SEO at some capacity. thanks to @solarmkd and @davidking